cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable signal

glocal
Rising Star

Unstable signal

I ported two numbers to PN a few months ago and signal now is very unstable. Signal strength and network indicators constantly change between 4 and 0 bars, and between 4G, 3G, 2G and no signal. Calls are frequently dropped, or sound is lost for seconds -- basically, you can't make a single call uninterrupted. We never had the problem with Three, it affects both handsets (Moto G3 and G4), and happens even on our roof terrace very close to the centre of Manchester. EE reports no known problems in the area, and coverage is supposed to be excellent. Any ideas please?    

16 REPLIES 16
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Unstable signal

Hi @glocal,

Can you send one of the online staff a PM with the details below we can start investigating the matter for you. 

• Your full name
  • Your full address
  • The mobile number(s) affected
  • Confirm you are the account holder

Once you've PM'd just send a quick reply on here to let us know. 

glocal
Rising Star

Hi @JOLO,

I PMed you just now. Many thanks.

Michael

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @glocal,

I'm afraid that I can't locate this private message. Please could you resend it to myself so that me and the rest of the team can pick it up?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
glocal
Rising Star

Hi @TheMightyAJ

I just PMed you.Thanks.

Michael

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @glocal 

I've just checked the email notifications on the back of PM's sent to @TheMightyAJ and there's none showing from you. Could you double check you've sent it to him and/or are you able to resend it to myself instead?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@glocal,

Don't worry about re-sending, I'm back in the office now so have the one you sent to me last night (apologies I'd left for the day when you PM'd). I'll respond to you shortly. 

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I will often have 0 bars on 4G signal and sending a text would fail. I've noticed that if I manually switch to 3G, I get full 4 bars. If I then switch back to 4G, I get 4 bars for a few minutes, then it goes back to 1 or 0 bars. I was wondering if this is an issue with my device but am not sure. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @pkw, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your service. Could you please private message:

-Mobile number in question,
-Full name and account name if different from yours,
-Full address including postcode.

Once you've sent the PM, please do let us know via this public forum.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
pkw
Aspiring Pro

@abails0105 , I have sent you a PM.

Although I have a feeling it will be a case of "poor signal indoors, nothing we can do".

I'm also getting "line busy" when calling voicemail.

Thanks for looking into this.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for that @pkw.

We finally need to pass validation, and so can you please PM me:

- Characters 4 & 6 of your memorable place.

- The last 2 digits of the sortcode and account number used to pay the bill.

As soon as this is confirmed we'll be able to look into your issues right away.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

LOL

I think this thread absolutely defines one of the major issues with 'support' here

A customer raises a problem.

An alleged help team member says 'send someone a PM with your details'

Another alleged help team member says 'we can't find it send another'

Then another alleged help team member says 'I can't that one either send another'

Then the original alleged help team member returns and says don't bother sending yet another I've got the first one - but apparently nothing happens

The customer yet again has to ask for 'support'

Then another alleged help team member says 'I need you to pass security send a PM ....

ad nauseum

Whats that - 6 interactions with the customer from 5 alleged help team members and damn all addressed. Not even properly identified the customer yet, let alone made a start on the issue.

Thats 4 interactions and 4 'help team' members too many for the stage this is(n't) at with NOTHING addressed.

Got to be yet another example of the absolute crappest support I've seen in many many years.Now that to me As a customer, if I still had any doubts, would say 'I need to leave'.

Its alright blaming poor systems, but whatever the systems - these antics demonstrate poor people.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your PM @pkw.

I've had a chance to look into this and have liaised with our partners who advise me that they've recently fixed a problem in your area.

Can you confirm whether or not you've seen any improvement?

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Yes, no issues, until today. Sending text failed at 15:15 Poor network coverage but service is there.

Is there any chance you can check this. Without asking to pm my details again. They haven't changed. Doing it every time is becoming exhausting. Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @pkw

I can't see any issues in your area. Do you experience these issues wherever you go or in certain areas?

For anything specific we'd need to go through additional steps including data protection and get this raised to our operations team I'm afraid. If you can PM me with the information from Here I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet