cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable signal and no 4g

Louisedtipper
Dabbler

Unstable signal and no 4g

Im so frustrated right now im with broadband no problems with that cause im with you guys already I thought I would get a sim deal kept my same number it was all switched over yesterday that when the problem started up and down signal interrupted phone calls because the lack of signal then there is my 4g it doesn’t work ive tried turning my phone off and on nothing ive googled to see what problem is mentioned on there apn on my phone i have no apn not that I can see so basically yes i no Plusnet is a better deal but im paying for internet when I can’t even get on the internet sorry for long post
10 REPLIES 10
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Unstable signal and no 4g

Hi @Louisedtipper, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of this issue and for our delayed response.

When you say you have no APNs - do you mean that you're unable to find the option for APN's or are they just blank?

Can you confirm for me the make and model of your handset?

Louisedtipper
Dabbler

There is no apn for me to change anything its on my iPhone se ive looked through all my settings and nothing I think Plusnet ee need to also do something to make phone signal better it’s awful
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Louisedtipper

I have gathered a walkthrough for you regarding iPhone here: 

Open the Settings and choose mobile data or cellular data (it depends on your network).

Tap mobile data network or cellular data network.

Type this in:

Mobile/Cellular Data:

• APN: everywhere
  • Username: eesecure
  • Password - secure

MMS:

• APN - eezone
  • Username - eesecure
  • Password - secure
  • MMSC - http://mms/
  • MMS Proxy - 149.254.201.135:8080

At the top of the screen, tap the left arrow three times.

Press the Home button.

When your mobile data is working, you'll see 4G, 3G, H, E or G next to your signal bars.

Louisedtipper
Dabbler

Nope I don’t have it I clicked on mobile data i don’t have mobile network on my phone no apn on there
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Louisedtipper

Can you confirm your iPhone model and which IOS you are running?

I have been researching online and you should be able to do this. The apple support website also shows you can change these settings. 

Kind Regards

Louisedtipper
Dabbler

Its iPhone se and it ios is 12.3.1
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Louisedtipper

I have just run through the settings manually on one of our spare SE handsets running 12.3.1 for IOS and you are correct it doesn't show a way of manually changing your APN settings on your handset. 

This is a handset issue that needs to be dealt with by the manufacturer. We have checked iPhone X handsets and you can manually change your APN. However, with the SE this has to be directed to Apple.

Unfortunately, in this instance, we would advise speaking to Apple directly. As your APN settings are locked it will stop your phone from updating to your new carrier (Plusnet). 

Kind Regards

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Louisedtipper  @OllieC Some iPhones will hang on to old network profiles thus preventing the new carriers APN taking effect.

You should be able to check for any old profiles for your old carrier and delete them

Delete old network profiles:

Settings > General > Profiles > Select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louisedtipper ,

Its correct that Apple have to unlock the phone

If you go to a local " We unlock any phone shop " they will take the phone details and sort it with Apple for about £20 they cannot do it themselves.

Apple will send a code to the phone direct about two days later

Brian A

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm not convinced this is a provider lock issue.  My Iphone SE is definitely unlocked, and I have used different provider SIMs without any problem or even having to make any changes to get data working.   Under Settings/General/Profiles it shows a blank page.  Back to basics are we convinced that Plusnet actually has 4G service at the location in question?