cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited or not

FIXED
hymermanbill1

Unlimited or not

I am considering Plusnet mobile deals but the conditions are confusing. The headline offer says unlimited texts and unlimited calls, the terms and conditions state clearly

• For any mobile call plan or bolt-on including 500 or more inclusive minutes that includes calls to 070 personal numbering services, you shall not make more than 150 calls or 500 minutes (whichever is reached first) a month. If you exceed this limit, we have the right to charge you for further calls made, suspend and/or terminate your service in accordance with our terms and conditions

Which one is it, the first is a good deal the terms and conditions make it something I would not choose. l

4 REPLIES 4
hymermanbill1

Re: Unlimited or not

Can anyone answer this, or us there a member of the plusnet support team reading this who can seek an answer. Not having a plusnet mobile account I can not log in and ask there and it does not seem appropriate to ask it of the broadband and phone team.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Fix

Please note , I am not staff so can't offer a formal response but I will attempt to explain the paragraph.

070 numbers are a special case of the normal 07 mobile numbers. Communication providers are charged by the number provider to connect the call. Since it is difficult for the end user to recognise the difference in these numbers when calling, Plusnet have decided that rather than charge directly for these calls , they have included them in the normal call plans but have applied a fair usage of calls to these numbers. So the bottom line is that calls to normal mobiles 07 and landlines 01,02 and 03 ARE unlimited but calls specifically to 070 numbers are free only up to a certain usage

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hymermanbill1

Thank you for that it makes sense, which is more than the terms and conditions do. The terms do not make the distinction between calls to 070 numbers and calls to other numbers it lumps them all together. Perhaps the powers that be could read those terms again and make it implicit that the limits only apply to 070 numbers. My problem was that I ring my elderly brother who lives on his own every day and can frequently spend 20 mins or so, in a month that alone would have taken me over the 500 mins. 

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@MisterW wrote:

. So the bottom line is that calls to normal mobiles 07 and landlines 01,02 and 03 ARE unlimited but calls specifically to 070 numbers are free only up to a certain usage

Hope that helps

I totally agree if your brother has a normal 07??? mobile not a 070 you have nothing to worry about

I would go for it on a 30 day rolling contact and ask for the smart cap to be set to zero so you will have no problems with a big bill

I have been with PN since they were Life and found the service to be first class