cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign up for PlusNet Mobile

dsloper
Hooked

Re: Unable to sign up for PlusNet Mobile

Any news on the infinite loop on the sign up site. Have tried 4 times today in different browsers, and each time after the DD page it takes me back to the first page.

Does not instill confidence in the service if this is still happening after a week. I cannot get to a phone easily to sign up, so if I cannot use the online sign up then I will have to go elsewhere.

johnsemple123
Grafter

Guess it's still not working? After about 2 weeks? Shame Plusnet. Wanted to combine my broadband/phone/mobile all into the one package but guess that's not possible (and you don't seem bothered in wanting to help either)

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Although this was a problem for a day or so, I signed up last Saturday lunchtime without any problem at all and the SIM has been delivered and is working fine.

revdc

Still not working. I put in valid username and password as an existing broadband and phone customer, but it's telling me they don't match. I've checked them by logging in to my broadband account, and they work there. As the mates rates bundles seem to be such good value, I'd like to sign up, but if many other people's experience is typical, I think I might go with giffgaff instead. Not impressed. Also very unimpressed with customer services where, after navigating about ten phone menus, I was informed of at least a 30 minute wait. Have Plusnet over-reached themselves with this mobile offer I wonder?

dsloper
Hooked

Not sure if it will help anyone else but I resolved my looping sign up issue that stopped it going to the sign up page.

I was entering my sort code in format of xx-xx-xx as per most sites, however the page does not accept - in the field, so by entering it as just 6 numbers xxxxxx without the dashes it worked for me.

Then had to try 3 cards before it would accept payment, but hey ho, at least it got there.

johnsemple123
Grafter

Kind of a update. I FINALLY thought I had been able to sign up but as soon as I entered my bank details for the payment to go through........(the one off fee) I got a error again saying oops something's went wrong but the amount (£15 quid) has been taken out of my account already with no confirmation email either so looks like i'm out 15 quid and still got no mobile with plusnet

gjohn2005

got the same problem here tried entering all my details including bank details (which i dont like doing)on two or three occasions and still end up on a loop and going back to the begining complete waste of time i think im going to stick with my present mobile suplier just hope i havnt been charged every time like some of the other people who have posted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @johnsemple123

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues signing up for your plusnet mobile SIM, if you drop me a Private Message I can look into this for you and find out why you've been charged. 

sarahjmack01
Dabbler

I've tried signing up again today and finally got passed the direct debit loop by omitting the dashes between the numbers in the sort code.  I entered my payment details on the third page only to get an error messaging saying oops something went wrong.

I checked my online banking straight away and you have already debited the £5 but I was unable to complete the sign up process.

Can someone look into this for me please?

johnsemple123
Grafter

If you want your money back your going to have to go through one hell of a process (as was told to me via PM) I'm 15 quid out because of it the same error you described (the oops something went wrong) and lost 15 quid and looks like they making it hell of a difficult to get it back too

sarahjmack01
Dabbler

I don't want my money back, I just want to sign up Smiley

I can't phone plusnet right now because I'm at work, so I'm hoping a plusnet employee will see this sometime today.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sarahjmack01

Sorry to hear you're having some issue with your order. If you drop me a Private Message I can look into this for you. 

folkdisco
Hooked

I had this. Kept getting to different stages of payment, then back to the start again. Frustrating, but I left it a few hours, came back, and it worked for some reason.

CodeBusters
Grafter

ScreenShot00173.jpg

Couldn't get past the first step, warning of impending doom.

May just stick with giffgaff for now, especially with all the horrors of PORTING.

johnsemple123
Grafter

After a major struggle did eventually get on back in friday there. Thought about porting my number from giffgaff but reading the horror stories decided to start fresh (and got effectively 1 month free as I didn't get refunded 15 quid but to make up got a month free instead)