cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign up for PlusNet Mobile

spikett
Hooked

Unable to sign up for PlusNet Mobile

The web site goes round in circles, enter your personal details, enter your payment details, re-enter your personal details, re-enter your payment details, re-enter your personal details, re-enter your payment details...

So I called the sales line instead.  13 minutes going through all my details with some chap who eventually said he'd transfer me to someone who would take my order (so what had he been doing for 13 minutes?)  He then hung up on me.

So now shopping around for another mobile phone service...

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to sign up for PlusNet Mobile

Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear this has been the case. We're aware of some of the technical difficulties faced whilst trying to access the website to purchase the order. Our engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

If you could send me a private message with your details, I'll do all I can to help. -Ashleigh

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Spikett, sorry to hear about this. If you could send me a private message with a number to call you on, I'll get an outbound call arranged for you today. - Rebeka

johnsemple123
Grafter

Still can't sign up either as spikett says. The EXACT same problem keep going round in circles with payment details

johnsemple123
Grafter

Going into a third day and the website STILL not working. Starting to get really very frustrating!

cyrix2000
Dabbler

Same problem here... just asking for my plus.net username and address history again and again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I understand some people are still having issues completing their orders via the website. I've sent this over to the technical team who will be looking into this for you. Until then I'd advise trying to make the order through a different web browser, as this may make a difference. Smiley 

cyrix2000
Dabbler

I tried already Chrome and Internet Explorer. Both don't let me order.

johnsemple123
Grafter

Yep same here. No browsers working. Maybe a lot more testing should have went on before this was unleashed to the public as it shouldn't still be faulty after 3 days and no clear answers except technical difficulties

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Doesn't bode well for the actual mobile service if you can't sign up for it. Sad

Is it worth trying again this evening?

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

It worked Smiley

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I signed up this morning.

I filled in all my details and got to the payment section. Then my Lloyds Debit Card payment was declined and the link didn't take me back to the previous page as it suggested it would - but to the start of the sign-up procedure. I have had my Lloyds Card rejected on a previous occasion so I filled everything in again and used my Halifax Credit Card instead - that worked.

So rather than trying a differ browser, try a different card.

dparr1959
Grafter

Tried to signed up tonight

I filled in all my details and got to the payment section but no joy used 3 different browser's

Also i am using the same card and account as my phone and broadband ?

Recorded message this morning found out from my bank, that i have been debited £15 for 3 x £5 transactions

rang plusnet to cancel sims was told no one in till monday, and was told i have ordered 5 sims

i only want one

Just Rang my bank they had stopped and refused payments leaveing my account already

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks - I've just checked my Lloyds account which apparently refused payment - and there's nothing debited there thank goodness!

dparr1959
Grafter

Looks like the banks are refusing the transaction ( fraud checks ) , just called my ( santander ) bank they said try again and payment will go ahead..

Just tried to sign up again this time all good and received confirmation email which was straight away

( I never received any confirmation email before when trying before )

David