Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Voicemail

FIXED
waltdav1
Grafter

Unable to set up Voicemail

I am a new PlusNet Mobile customer.  My service started on 31 December, and my old number was ported across to PlusNet today (4 January 2017).  Everything is working fine except Voicemail.

When I dial 555 using my PlusNet SIM, I get an announcement in French (!) saying "Veuillez composer votre numero de telephone", which means "Please dial your telephone number".  When I try entering my own number, it responds in French, saying that "We do not recognise that number".

I tried to contact your customer service phone number this evening, and it connected me to a recording for over 30 minutes with no reply.

What can I do?

Walt

4 REPLIES 4
waltdav1
Grafter

Re: Unable to set up Voicemail

Ha!  I have just found an earlier posting (4 weeks ago) when someone else encountered the same problem.  They were advised to wait 24 hours or so, and it would probably right itself.

So I shall be patient and wait and see.  I live in hope!

🙂

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Fix

Hi waltdav1,

Thanks for getting in touch. If your receiving this message when calling voicemail, it indicates that your port is still processing and hasn't fully complete. 

If you can send me a private message, I can look into this further for you.

- Rebeka Smiley

waltdav1
Grafter

Hi Rebeka,

Yes, it's working perfectly now.  I just had to be patient and wait a while for it to settle down! The recordings are very clear ... I'm very pleased with it.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Kind regards,

Walt

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

That's great news!

If you ever need anything else, give me a shout, I'll be more than happy to help!

Have a good day Walt!

- Rebeka Smiley