cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text messages

M_Jackson
Hooked

Unable to send text messages

As of yesterday morning (22/11/2018) I've been unable to send text messages. When I try to reply or create a new message my phone says "Number not in use". I can still receive texts and make and receive calls, but for some reason texts aren't working.

I've contacted the customer service line a few times and I've been able to find a possible explanation or time span as to how long this will last. All I was originally told was that I'd just have to wait and call in when my texts started working. 

I'm finding this particularly infuriated as I've now lost a few days work because I can't respond to texts. 

I rang this morning (23/11/2018) and now I'm getting a new sim sent out in the post, but this will further complicate issues as I'll have to change my number again which means sorting out all my two-step verification methods again (providing the new sim even works).

I'm tried searching for similar topics/answers on this forum and I've tried taking the sim out for a few minutes and restarting the phone, and changing the service centre number, none of which work. HELP! Is anyone else experiencing this? Or has anyone had similar issues?

side note: I'm using a Nokia 105 

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Unable to send text messages

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Can you drop me a PM with your mobile number or account number so we can investigate further? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
oldboybob
Dabbler

i have got same problem, been told just have to wait till they fix it, no time limit, not good, people want answers to their text

M_Jackson
Hooked

Okay, so at least it's not just me!

I rang a few times and I spoke to people that were totally clueless. I even told them that I had tried turning it off and on again and they just parroted that back at me and asked if I had turned it off and on again! 

I asked them about message service centres and they had no idea what I was talking about! So clueless. 

I asked about the SIM and two people told me totally different things. If I get it and it doesnt work I'll end my contract. The customer service is honestly the worst I've ever experienced with a company.

Even the response that said to send him a Private Message hasn't even replied!

Absolutely useless!!!!

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @M_Jackson & @oldboybob,

I sincerely apologise for the issue you are experiencing in not being able to send text messages.

I'm afraid @MatthewWheeler was not in our office when the account number or mobile number was sent via PM. If you could kindly send either me or @SammyM, as we are in the office until 10PM.

Just in case you don't see this message by 10PM, I have sent Matthew an email requesting this information so we can pick it up tomorrow for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

The problem has been present for some time alongside no data for alot of people. Going to ask for my pac as I am getting 0 information and getting fobbed off when I call as no one seems to know what the problem is and when it will be resolved.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi disc0, can you PM me with your mobile number so I can make sure we're doing all we can for you? 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Rudder5

I have a family member that is also having this issue, she is new to plusnet mobile.

Since Tuesday she has not been able to send SMS

Please advise on a course of action 

disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@adamwalker pm sent
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the PMs Rudder5 and disk0, I've just sent you both a reply. 

Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
oldboybob
Dabbler

if you sent me a message, where is it , have not got one.

oldboybob
Dabbler

everyone has this problem, support might as well not be there, useless

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @oldboybob, I'm afraid that @Jubby isn't in the office right now, so could you please PM myself with your account or mobile number so that we may investigate this issue further?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
malk100
Dabbler

if not solved try updating SMSC

*#*#4636#*#*

Phone Information

Scroll down to SMSC

Click restore

If it doesn't say something like

+447870002308