cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text messages for almost 1 week

Polsander
Hooked

Unable to send text messages for almost 1 week

I have been unable to send text messages since Wednesday of last week.  I have switched on switched off and even returned phone to factory settings ...no joy.  Assistance please.

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14
oldboybob
Dabbler

Re: Unable to send text messages for almost 1 week

seem this is a problem they dont seem to know how to fix, me and many others are having this , and getting nowhere, no good asking support team, they are bloody useless. seems i will have to find another company, who have a clue.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Polsander,

I'm sorry that you have been unable to send any text messages for almost a week and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. Are you experiencing problems with any of your other services? i.e. mobile data, making and receiving calls or receiving texts?

If possible, I would recommend that you try the SIM in another handset and check whether you are still experiencing this issue. If so, please send me a private message with your mobile number, your full name and your full address including the postcode. If you drop us another message on this post when you've done this. We'll then be able to investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
oldboybob
Dabbler

i think every one on this site is having this problem, everything else is fine, its about time you were all more open, and admit you dont no what you are doing, no-one there seems able to fix this problem, taken phone into shop, they told me, buying a new phone would be useless, as the problem is plusnet not sorting it out, so i suggest sort it out or lose a lot of people, who want a service, that we are paying for

Polsander
Hooked

Hi Emily, I have tried my SIM in alternative phones with no success.  I have sent you my details as requested.

Polsander

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Polsander,

Thank you for trying your SIM in an alternative handset and for sending your details over via PM.

I've checked through your account and have been unable to find anything specific to your account that would stop your services from working, however I have been advised by a colleague that there is currently an issue that is affecting a number of customers and is leading to problems with sending texts and connecting to mobile data. In many cases, manually searching for and reconnecting to our network has resolved this problem.

There is a guide here for manually searching for the network. This guide is specifically for the Samsung Galaxy A5 but the process is very similar for most handsets. Please let us know if the issue persists after this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Polsander
Hooked

Hi Emily D,

I have tried your suggestion but unfortunately I am still unable to send texts etc.

Regards,

Polsander

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Polsander

There is a known issue on our network that is currently being looked into by our Mobile Operations Team.

We are currently waiting for a resolution on this issue.

There is an active thread on our Community Forum, discussing this matter. You can view this by following this link:-https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/unable-to-send-text-messages-on-my-Plusnet-mobile/m-p/1592289#M...

When we have a new update regarding this matter, we will notify you further.

I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

- Wakas

oldboybob
Dabbler

hi everyone, great news my text problem is fixed, yesterday i left plusnet, and i am with tesco mobile. funny when i said i was leaving, they could,nt do enough for me, said they were going to try all sorts to fix my texting, but after nearly 2 weeks i was not worried about a discount, or more days waiting for some action, i told them to look after all you guys who are still waiting, so best of luck to you all, hope you get fixed before xmas.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @oldboybob, I am sorry that we could not fix the issues for you in time and apologise for the length of time it took. We do wish you the best of luck with your new provider.

oldboybob
Dabbler

thank you, i hope you get this sorted out soon, as your broadband is great, so i thought phone would be too. all the best, and hope you do not lose to many good customers.

Polsander
Hooked

Hi all, Well the problem seems to have been sorted (fingers crossed) as of this morning the phone is working, receiving data and able to test.  Thank you to all those who have assisted me, I appreciate things can happen but be maiantaining channels of communication frustration may be kept to a minimum.

Happy weekend All,

Polsander

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Polsander

I am pleased to hear the issue has now been resolved.

I do apologise for the issue you had experienced with your mobile data service.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

andywhitts

I have the same issue. Like many customers........

I have been with Plusnet for a few years and never had problems. I have 3 contracts for my wife and daughter as well as my own. Last week her phone would not send texts for around 5 hours, then seemed to work ok. Today all three of our phones are not sending or receiving texts. When picking up my daughter from the bus stop this caused problems as we were suddenly unable to communicate with her. Luckily calls still work. Registering now I can see the latest messages popping up and lots of people are having this problem and it has been happening for at least 2 weeks in some cases. 

Please this needs to be fixed as a matter of urgency. 

Otherwise people will be leaving plusnet in large numbers. This is unheard of. People rely of having the power to text!

malk100
Dabbler

if not solved try updating SMSC

*#*#4636#*#*

Phone Information

Scroll down to SMSC

Click restore

If it doesn't say something like

+447870002308

(there may be extra "" and ,nnn)

type in as above