cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive PAC code on 65075: information wasn't in the format we were expecting

denmayday

Unable to receive PAC code on 65075: information wasn't in the format we were expecting

Hi,

I'm sending a text PAC from my mobile phone to number 65075 and keep getting the same response text from Plusnet:

Sorry, we can't process your request because the information wasn't in the format we were expecting. Please text PAC to 65075, STAC to 75075 or INFO to 85075 to try again.

There are no spaces or any other characters just simple PAC (see attached screenshots)

I've tried sending INFO to 85075 and the same story...

I even tried sending PAC with my date of birth in format PACMMDDYY but the same response message.

Any ideas what's going?

P.S. I can send text messages to other mobile numbers no problem and I don't have multiple numbers on my account

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
denmayday

Re: Unable to receive PAC code on 65075: information wasn't in the format we were expecting

Just an update: I had to call customer support to obtain PAC code and they were able to do it quickly but it's just inconvenience to go through all the verifications on the phone when it should be really simple.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Unable to receive PAC code on 65075: information wasn't in the format we were expecting

Isn't this because Plusnet don't support any texts to short codes?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Nope, it's implemented - see the last posts here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/With-OFCOMs-new-Text-To-Switch-PAC-procedure-fast-approaching/t...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'