cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing international call from UK

Coffeeking
Grafter

Unable to make outgoing international call from UK

I'm trying to call a +31 number from the UK, and despite 3 trips through customer services, I cannot. This is pretty time critical and I've borrowed a phone to do it instead. However I still need to fix the issue. It doesn't even get to the point that it will ring, it just drops it and shows as cancelled (Huawei P20 Pro).

During the process of trying to solve this, I've been through the call barring settings, which it retreives from the network. This shows international calls are possible, though it does show international calls while roaming are not allowed. When I try to un-set this setting, as part of the diagnosis, it asks me for a password. I don't have this password, and never entered it (my own phone, unlocked from factory, been on a few networks).

Plusnet apparently can't tell me this password/pin or reset it, so I can't alter that setting. I tried 1111, 1234, 0000 but I don't want to continue trying just in case I get locked out.

Either way, I'm now totally unable to call international numbers from the UK, and apparently will not be able to call them from abroad if I can't fix the setting either.

Anyone else had this fun or can point me to a solution? Customer services can't unfortunately.

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Unable to make outgoing international call from UK

What network is the phone which you borrowed on?  There is a possibility that this is an EE network issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Coffeeking
Grafter

I borrowed a land line.

The customer service folk told me there was no obvious cause, all of my check boxes were green on the various services that allow the call to happen, and my balance is fine (we even increased my Smart Cap just in case something whacky was happening).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Coffeeking and apologies for the delayed staff response.

I'm sorry to see you're unable to ring international numbers from the UK.

So we can look at raising this to our second line mobile support team for further investigation, could you private message me the following info to pass our data protection checks?

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Coffeeking
Grafter

Thanks for the offer but your message didn't get email notifications sent so I missed it. However after 2 weeks or so, the number started working again.

However this week I've lost my data connection <sigh>.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, can you PM me with your mobile number and your full name and I'll take a look into that for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team