cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get data or send text messages

mwhitby

Unable to get data or send text messages

I've been unable to get mobile data or send text messages for the last few days. Can receive text messages fine though. My brother has Plusnet mobile too but he hasn't had any problems. What should I do?

12 REPLIES 12
PollyW
Hooked

Re: Unable to get data or send text messages

I have (almost) the same problem - new account, number ported and no internet, text messages won't send.  Is there a solution?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @mwhitby and @PollyW,

I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing these similar issues. Have either of you been able to try testing the SIM card in another mobile phone handset, or tried turning the handset off for 30 seconds and back on again?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
PollyW
Hooked

Yes, I have re-booted my phone.  Yes I have tried the card in another handset.  No it doesn't work in the other handset either.  Both phones work with sim from a different provider.  Not an end user problem!!!

Dubs38

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. Access to data and the ability to send texts stopped 11 days ago and despite trying all of the fixes recommended on this forum, nothing has worked. I have spoken with customer service three times and got nowhere - the new SIM promised a week ago still hasn't turned up. I've only been with plusnet for 6 weeks and I've had enough already...

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @PollyW and @Dubs38,

I'm sorry to hear my previous suggestions haven't helped to resolve either of your issues. Please can you both send me a private message with your mobile phone numbers and account numbers so that we can start to take a further look into these issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
mwhitby

I've also tried rebooting the phone and tried the sim in a different phone and had the same issue.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@mwhitby Sorry to hear this.

So we can investigate further can you drop me a PM with your mobile number or account number along with your full address?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PollyW
Hooked

Well, I have received a replacement sim card and phoned to activate it.  The result?  No mobile calls either.  So now I have nothing at all.  Well done, Plusnet

mwhitby

Mine seems to have started working again by itself.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @mwhitby,

I'm glad to hear your services have started working again. Please let us know if you encounter any further issues and we'll be happy to assist further.

Hi @PollyW,

I'm sorry to hear that the replacement SIM card hasn't resolved this issue. I've responded to your PM now and will await your further response so that we can take a further look into this issue.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Dubs38

My data randomly started to work again too. Now it's gone again. 12 days and counting...
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Dubs38, sorry to hear the issues are still persisting. Can you PM me your full name, full address with postcode and mobile sim number so I can take a look into your account and see what we can do to help.