cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call or receive calls, wifi ok, worked for 1 min, then again no service !!!

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Unable to call or receive calls, wifi ok, worked for 1 min, then again no service !!!

This is an odd one ? Lost SMS as well now so nothing is working with PN now however I switched my phone to use 3G data only and data is now working with H+.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Re: Unable to call or receive calls, wifi ok, worked for 1 min, then again no service !!!

Another odd one, there saying on Downdector that EE has some issues too however my cheap and cheerful 1p mobile sim that also uses the EE network is working fine.

Davesona
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Phone and texts working now in south Warwickshire. Let’s hope the service is fully back up. 

I’m not unreasonable - sometimes things break and it takes time to work out a fix but it doesn’t help when the service status page says all is OK when it clearly isn’t or wasn’t (or still might not be). 

Laura2504
Dabbler

Calls working for now but still can't send texts

Traveler
Hooked

Yeah, I had a call through and I can check my voicemail, so it seems it is "ok" now. But that is so disappointing, especially with all the complaints and no feedback from the PlusNet !!!!

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@ChrisAtBristol wrote:

my cheap and cheerful 1p mobile sim that also uses the EE network is working fine.

As is my asda (EE) payg which I fell back on again today.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Speckyhen

Pleased to say both calls and texts now working. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for any inconvenience. We started experiencing problems again later in the evening following our previous response yesterday, however this should now be resolved again. Please do let us know if you continue to experience issues though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Did we ever get told what this outage was all about and what was it’s cause?

I asked out of curiosity because today o2 has a similar problem that has knocked out their network in the UK and Japan and other countries too.

The problem has a link to software at Ericsson HQ in Sweden.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @ChrisAtBristol,

Thanks for getting back to us. There was a wider issue with EE's network, although we do not know the specifics I'm afraid.

Do let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with.