spam to get the pm permission 5

joao12021996
Dabbler

Re: Unable to access 4G services whilst roaming

spam to get the pm permission 6

skeg0
Dabbler

I went through that process^^ to get pm privilege but after an initial exchange of account credentials and giving them date/time examples, I’ve not heard anything in a number of days. Tbh the issue clearly goes far beyond that of individual cases and times. It doesn’t matter how many cases you get, the line is drawn at what you (plusnet) have agreed with either EE or other roaming carriers. And it looks to me that 4g is not in your contracts.

An update with any info however would be nice. Even if it’s to say you don’t know yet.
hokers
Dabbler

I'm still convinced this is a bug with numbers which have been ported onto Plus from other networks.

If EVERY Plus customer couldn't roam to 4G their phones would be melting down.

For some reason, when us affected customers ported their numbers in, we've ended up on the wrong roaming profile. This should be easy to check and find out, and it needs escalating to your product owner at this point I think @Gandalf 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Hey all,

I don't have a detailed update or anything substantial, however I can assure you that we're actively investigating this.

As always, I'll provide an update when I've got something to share. 

Thanks for those so far who have PM'd us their details while away, it is genuinely helping the investigation. 

FYI regarding PM privileges, all you need is to have posted 3 times. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Coffeeking
Grafter

Further update from NL - 4G from all providers doesn't work (original problem). 3G from all providers now no longer works (can't even register on the networks). I used to be able to use T-Mobile 3G but it has since started telling me no service available (though it would register) and today refuses to register. I'm down to 2G on T-mobile, and it's spotty.

I have a belief that this is not a technological problem.

MH3

Hello, I’m also having the same problems.
I have an iPhone 7.
In Croatia I can get 3G, in Germany like others, I can only get 2G. I have rest my network settings twice, I have tried a new SIM card and still the same problem.
daniel9

Have the same issue in France and Spain, no 4G, only very slow and patchy 3G which is often barely usable. Sad

daniel9

Post #3 for PM permissions

daniel9

Post #2 for PM permissions

Mountfordd
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Just to add my name to this thread - same problem in Norway, 3g only on one phone but 4g on another. 04/07/2022 to 09/07/2022.
Baillp

Both myself and my partner are on Plusnet and have identical Android mobiles, Google Pixel 6. We have been in France for the last 3 months and whilst my phone connects to 4G without any problems my partner's phone always connects using H+. 

The only difference is that we ported in from different networks, I was O2 and my partner from EE. 

This looks like a common problem for those that have ported from EE to PlusNet. 

We are in France for another 3 months and would really like this resolved. Is there a solution to this other than to cancel her contract?

Darrenm
Hooked

It does seem like an EE porting issue. Which should make it easy to fix.
I'm now back in the UK after having to spend a fortune for maritime WiFi to access the internet.
It's the 2nd time Plusnet have let me down after the router debacle that still isn't fixed after many years and forced me to buy a different one.
I'm only on a monthly SIM only contract so I'll cancel and move somewhere else shortly. The TV and internet is 12 months so I'll be moving to another provider when that's up.
jgh230

I'm now with a friend in Switzerland, who is on Plusnet after porting from EE a couple of years ago - and seems to be getting 4G with no issues? She also had 4G all the way through France. So maybe it's not just an EE issue? I ended up cancelling my contract before it even really started and moving to Three pay as you go myself to avoid issues (and it's working brilliantly) but there doesn't really seem to be a consistent pattern with the Plusnet problems!