FIXED
skeg0
Dabbler

Re: Unable to access 4G services whilst roaming

done!

Coffeeking
Grafter

OK correction, after 12 hours of being in NL, the Tmobile 3G access point now no longer works, leaving no functional data services in the Netherlands for me.

skeg0
Dabbler

Hi, sent a PM but no response as yet. Don’t seem to receive texts either
Taronus

Exact same problem as everybody else here. My friend using the actual EE provider has perfect 4g everywhere in Germany (I know it’s not 100% the same bla bla but). However, I do believe I should have something better than Edge connection in major cities like Berlin, Hamburg, Leipzig and Hannover with my IPhone 13 Pro Max.

NOPE! Edge connection everywhere. It really sucks!!
Phoned customer service 4 times, each time waiting 15-20 minutes. Been convinced to even upgrade my contract (was thinking about it anyway as it’s fine in the UK) but I’m technically now paying for something I can’t even use until I return to the UK, bearing in mind I swapped to Plusnet for their free ROAM LIKE AT HOME addon as I travel frequently 😂
After the research I’ve done the past few days it is clear that this is a persistent problem since January 2022 (if not even before that already). Like come on, I’m shocked nothing has been done about it.
I’m very likely to leave Plusnet now unfortunately which sorta annoys me as well as I have to swap to another provider and probably pay extra for the roaming function.
Don’t make something lucrative and then not keep that promise. I’m honestly really mad about this. Didn’t have internet during my entire stay.
Tags (3)
skeg0
Dabbler

Yeah I am majorly disappointed as have only just moved to plusnet. An update would be appreciated as I too will have to cancel and leave if there’s no resolution or roadmap to a resolution.
alexpres
Dabbler

I think that it is an EE issue affecting all their MVNOs, because I had the same issue visiting Belgium in 2019 when I was on Virgin Mobile (before it changed over to use Vodafone)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I have nudged the issue in the SU space to seek an update.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ROBBOEDIN

Thanks
CitizenSk

Hey guys

Same issue as everyone else on here, been in Germany for 2 days now and not got any 4G access, just edge. I've been Germany three times in the past year where I had no issues whatsoever with my old EE sim.

A big reason for me porting to Plusnet was the understanding that I'd get the same coverage as I did with EE, but this is clearly not the case abroad Sad

If it helps I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10 with a fully updated android system. Happy to PM over other details if it helps.

Thanks
skeg0
Dabbler

@adamwalker @Gandalf is there any update at all you can give on this? I really need to know whether I need to ditch plusnet mobile and start looking for another provider (I hope I don’t!)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @skeg0 I've dropped a reply to your PM, please have a look when you can. - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tamarin64
Dabbler

Hi Adam - I just arrived abroad (Slovakia) and the issue persists. You should have my details, so please let the support team know. Thanks.
tamarin64
Dabbler

Just in case this wasn’t seen tagging @adamwalker 

skeg0
Dabbler

Having gone across the border into France for the day, I can confirm that 3G works there. So it seems plusnet doesn’t have access to the 4G band and 3G has been discontinued for usage in Germany earlier this year.
alexpres
Dabbler

Exactly what @skeg0 says.  Lots of links available to confirm that:

So with this roaming issue PlusNet it really failing to provide the "Roam Like At Home".

Questions for the staff here (@adamwalker & @SammyM & @Gandalf & @LaurenB  😞

1. Has an incident been raised?  If so, what priority has it been given?
  2. Has an incident been raised with your host network EE?  Again, what priority has it been given?
  3. Can you give a public status update please?
  4. Why is there nothing showing on https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status for this?