cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Phone Accounts

skygrowler
Dabbler

Two Phone Accounts

i have just got another sim for my wife but it is in my name . i could be being a bit thick but i can't see anyway of viewing the new number on my account .

i spoke to CS and they said i have to set up a seperate account but i can't see anyway of doing it , can anyone talk me through it ?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: TWO PHONE ACCOUNTS

i could be being a bit thick but i can't see anyway of viewing the new number on my account .

@skygrowler the new number is shown in the pack that the new Sim came in. Your new account login details should have been sent to the email address you used to sign up to the new Sim

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

skygrowler
Dabbler

The problem is when I open my account it is automatically logged in to the other account and there is no option to create a new account. When I use the new details they are not recognised.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Are you talking about the normal mobile account portal here https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/Login.xhtml , that doesn't have an auto login, unless the userid/password is stored in your browser? - if so try clearing cookies

If you can't login to that with the new sim details then it sounds like the account isn't active yet and you'll need a PlusNet staffer to help

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

skygrowler
Dabbler

Yes that link auto logs, I will try clearing cookies I hadn't thought of that, thanks
skygrowler
Dabbler

that didn't work .phone is active .

skygrowler
Dabbler

i think my only option is to cancel and start again. 

skygrowler
Dabbler

total nightmare , i have had to cancel and order another sim in my wifes name , thanks for the help anyway .

and i thought TalkTalk were bad Roll_eyes

skygrowler
Dabbler

Aha ! it seems that the reset password link was sent as an SMS when i was waiting for an email that never came .today i gave it one more go and it came through as an email, i guess it depends on whether the username or the phone number is inserted ?

anyway it is almost sorted i now have to try and cancel the sim ordered in my wifes name ,that should be fun Cheesy

skygrowler
Dabbler

Nope ,i have just made it worse the cancellation cannot be reversed and i can't port my number internally so i am going to lose my number .

Ah well Undecided