cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port number but no response after sending text?

FIXED
Xandros
Dabbler

Trying to port number but no response after sending text?

Hi. I just signed up to Plusnet the other day and today got a PAC from my old network. Followed the instructions in the welcome email I got to send a text with "PORT" to 07507307996 and wait for a response before giving my PAC and the number I'm porting.

Except, that was at about 3:30pm and it's now three hours later and I've yet to receive anything. Is this normal or should I send the text again?

4 REPLIES 4
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Trying to port number but no response after sending text?

Fix

I had the exact same issue when trying to port in via text when I switched to PN and the port never happened.

I would suggest you contact them via chat https://www.plus.net/mobile/, or give them a call to confirm the port

Xandros
Dabbler

Oh, well I guess I can't do anything now anyway, their chat is offline presumably due to it being out of hours and I suppose the Port won't count today anyway. I'll ring them tomorrow I guess. Thanks for the info.

Hilazing

Porting is something that plusnet really need to work on. I was without a phone for 3 days during a time when my wife was going into hospital. I switched to plus net because I couldn't get signal anywhere on 3 and then had no phone at all for 3 days. Nightmare. Eventually all sorted out though and a happy customer now
Xandros
Dabbler

I forgot I posted this. I waited until the morning the following day but still didn't get a text. I was about to go off to contact customer support another way when I figured I'd just try to text again in case the first one just didn't go thru for some reason, so I did and got a response withing a couple of minutes.

Followed the instructions and the port started. It completed in the afternoon the next day. And I haven't had any issues with it. So, seems like aside from that initial hiccup it went relatively smoothly for me at least.

I see there's a lot of threads on this forum from people complaining about the porting process going [-Censored-] up for them but of course people who don't have an issue aren't going to come on here to mention the fact so it's always worth keeping in mind that the number of people posting here that unfortunately had problems porting don't necessarily represent the wider experiernce of all of Plusnet Monile's customers that ported their number.