Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to order mobile sims

FIXED
djh22
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Trying to order mobile sims

I signed up to Broadband and phone yesterday afternoon and tonight I'm trying to order 2 mobile sims with the extra data for members but when I put in my username and postcode it says they are not recognised, I've chatted to quite a few  chat agents some say it takes 24 hours after the main order (which has passed) and some say I have to wait until my Broadband is active ie 01/12/17.

Can someone please advise ?

Cheers Del.

6 REPLIES 6
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Trying to order mobile sims

Hi there @djh22, thanks for getting in touch!

We would expect it to take 24 hours for all of our systems to recognise your information.

I would, however, recommend you go to the broadband/landline forum for some clarification as we are separate departments!

Their forum can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/bd-p/Broadband

If you have any other mobile related queries, please feel free to ask us!

Thanks

-Oli

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the welcome OliGaffney. My question was actually mobile related as I'm trying to determine whether or not I should be able to order Mobile sims and get the "Mate rates" before my Broadband and Landlines activation date, some agents are saying  I should be able to so long as it's 24 hours after I placed my order whereas other agents are saying that I have to wait until my Broadband goes live.

The problem I'm getting is that my Plusnet user name and post code are not being recognised in order to get "Mate rates" -

Del.

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response Smiley

I have double checked with one of our Sales Agents who deal with this sort of query more frequently.

I have been advised that you can apply for a Mates Rate deal at any time, as long as your broadband shows as Live.

Mobile products are live within 24 hours which is where that time scale may have come from.

Broadband do give you a date which you are going Live, but there may be a chance that you would show as Live on the systems before this date, which they would be able to clarify for you.

If you would like to speak to one of our sales agents, they can be contacted by calling 0800 079 1133.

Thank you

-Oli

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Hi Oli ,Many thanks for finding this info for me and making things much clearer. I have now ordered 2 mobile sims without the "Mates rates" presuming that the extra data can be applied when my broadband goes live.

Cheers,

Del.

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

That sounds perfect Smiley

Please contact us once the broadband is live so we can amend the deal for you!

You can contact us via facebook, twitter or our live chat service, as well as by calling customer services on 500 from the Plusnet SIM!

Thank you

-Oli

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Oli.  Smiley