cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to activate replacement SIM by phoning 500

agnesbrough

Trying to activate replacement SIM by phoning 500

as the letter says.  But I've got no phone service and calls repeatedly fail.  I presumably can't make calls because I haven't activated the SIM!  What on earth am I meant to do?  

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Trying to activate replacement SIM by phoning 500

I presumably can't make calls because I haven't activated the SIM!

The SIM automatically activates 24h after its been sent.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

agnesbrough

Thanks, I appreciate your help.  Since you "have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues etc" can you suggest to PlusNet that they might explain that in the letter they send with the SIM instead of giving the impression that all I need to do is phone straightaway and my SIM will be ready to use within 2 hours.  Also - is it 24 hours after it's sent or 24 hours after they expect it will have arrived?  

Thanks.  

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Also - is it 24 hours after it's sent or 24 hours after they expect it will have arrived? 

I'm not completely sure, but I believe its 24hr after being sent. It's sent 1st class post and therefore is expected to arrive the following day and thus will be activated on the day it arrives.

You should also receive an email informing that your account is active.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I've just spotted this and was it a new SIM you've ordered or a replacement for an existing one?

If the former, then it'll arrive active, but if it's a replacement, we'd need to manually activate it once you've got it. 

Appreciate it's been almost a month, but let me know if you're still having issues though and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet