cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried 3 times to order a SIM - £30 out of pocket and no SIM

hybridpigeon

Tried 3 times to order a SIM - £30 out of pocket and no SIM

Hi,

Well I thought Id go for the tenner a months SIM and duly signed up yesterday (Monday).

I entered all my details and it said some tosh about the card details not being correct, I tried again with a different card, but got the same message, I checked both cards both both have  been debited by £10. Not good.

I duly contacted Plusnet and was told there was a "System error", "it's ok Sir, ring us up tomorrow and we can sort it".

I phoned today (Tuesday) and was told I may get the money back at some point but they couldn't promise, if I wanted to continue I could but I would have to start a new order.

I went through the order using a third card, this time just as I saw the notification on my phone from the card provider that the transaction had gone through successfully, the mush on the phone said "oh it's stuck in a que, its OK it will be sorted within half an hour".

Well now we are several hours later, no news except an automated e-mail saying

Thanks for choosing Plusnet Mobile! 

We’re busy processing your order and will be in touch soon with an update, so for now just sit back and relax. 

If for some reason you haven’t heard from us within a few days of this email, you can give us a call us on 0800 079 1133."

And Plusnet have 30 of Her Majesty's finest pounds from three of my cards.

Whats going on?

For the record the transactions are listed as:

20/08 PLUSNET PLC WEBSITE xxxx   £-10.00

20/08/18 18082013475827863 Card purchase 
PLUSNET PLC WEBSITE SHEFFIELD,GBR

-£10.00

21/08 17:02 Plusnet Plc Telesales Sheffield -£10.00

Where do I stand please?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Re: Tried 3 times to order a SIM - £30 out of pocket and no SIM

Hi hybridpigeon,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear of your experience so far!

It sounds as though we may require further supporting information for your first two orders - we do on occasion request follow-up information regarding orders, often for customers who have Protective Registration or have been the victim of ID fraud in the past. If the credit check has failed and payment has been taken, the funds will still be with your bank in a holding account, to be returned inline with their service timescales.

I'd advise checking your e-mail inbox for any follow-up requests, being sure to check your junk or spam folders, and following the instructions provided. Any pending orders will be automatically cancelled within 30 days.

For any further order queries I advise contacting our Sales Team on 0800 079 1133.  Smiley

- Charlie