Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Mobile Sim

Bures3
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Trial Mobile Sim

I would like to try a PN SIm for just 30 days to see if the speed and signal is acceptable,
But PN only seem to offer a 30 day contract
Is it possible to purchase the SIM but  somehow give notice to cancel after 30 days

I am currently with PN Broadband with FTC, but the speed is very poor, about 20Mb/s  mercifully the contract ends in March,
Cabinet to customer,  90% 50 year old copper
So if the Mobile trial is succesfull, i would like to continue the contract later

Is this feasible or  a ludicrous idea ?

2 REPLIES 2
YouKnowIThatGuy
Rising Star

Re: Trial Mobile Sim

In the UK, there's something called a minimum 14 day cooling off period mandated by law in relation to what is called "distance sales".

This is based on the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

Law here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/contents/made

Made easy to read: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations-ajWHC8m21cAk

If you sign up to a contract and don't like the service you are getting *FOR ANY REASON, you can merely cancel.

No *ifs no *buts, as long as you are within that 14 day period.

* = I can't be 100% sure that there will not be some small fee charged, but that is written within the terms & conditions.

(as far as I know PlusNet does not penalise customers in this way)

Bures3
Dabbler

Re: Trial Mobile Sim

Thanks for that info - now why didnt I think of that !

I will by the cheapest (£6 at 7Gb) Sim package and see how that goes
If the speed is no better than my FTC, I will claim on the 14 day return

If its Ok let the £6 package run until March when my Broadband contract runs out
Thats only 2 months or £12
Then add a larger data package to the SIm  as required for future use

Many thanks