Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number - split port?

fuller
Hooked

Re: Transferring number - split port?

Been waiting since 4th Jan.

They have managed to lose my number. Just about to write my official complaint. They have effectively lost my property and just keep fobbing me off.

I have read the Ofcom guide which says if over 2 working days you should be compensated if port had not completed so might be worth mentioning it to customer services if anyone is in a similar situation.

zzincubus
Hooked

@fuller have you checked which carrier has your phone number:

https://www.textmagic.com/free-tools/carrier-lookup

Might be worth a try to see if you can find your number.

fuller
Hooked

Just checked. Both my old and new number are showing as same details (orange, which I assume if plusnet). So it looks like Plusnet have it
shdoubleu
Hooked

Absolutely disgusted with the service. I am writing a letter to the Guardian consumer champions and BBC Watchdog.

The service levels are atrocious and we should not have to accept it. 

After 10 days of no data, they have now completely messed up the porting of my number. They insist that I provide 3 examples of exact times when the phone calls have failed, before their operations team will look at it. Ridiculous. I CANNOT RECEIVE PHONE CALLS, what part of that is so hard to understand?

I had enough and asked to cancel - got put through to cancellations who informed me that if i cancelled I would lose my number (that I've had since 1998 ). I am fuming.

PLUSNET, time to pull your finger out.  This is unacceptable.

peegee28
Dabbler

Also been waiting two weeks with no port as well. No help whatssoever from plusnet. It's really frustrating
zzincubus
Hooked

Finally some good news today, my number has successfully been ported back to O2 with no issues and on the promised day. With no assistance what-so-ever from Plusnet and after 14 days I now have my number back. Thank you O2 🙂

It just goes to shows you get what you pay for, I will never move to a carrier that does not have it's own network ever again, thanks for that experience Plusnet. 

Plusnet I really think you should tighten your number porting process / procedures out (along wth EE) to avoid all this mess. And possibly prioritise the investigation process as FIVE working days is totally unacceptable, even if you were able to sort this issue out in that time (which by the looks of it you are unable to follow through with).

Thats me done now ... good luck to everyone else having this issue.

peegee28
Dabbler

Very jealous -- almost 2.5 weeks here and still waiting but number belongs to T-Mobile so don't have the luxury of taking your steps to have my mobile number up and running in some fashion.

*deep sigh*

367174aa

They ported my number over from T-mobile on the 12th January. Since then I have been unable to receive calls from my husband or sister (both ironically on Plusnet mobile too as they were both previously Life Mobile customers).  I can get call from landline ok and calls from other mobile providers seems to get through too. Only Plusnet and EE customers cannot get through to me. 

I have called them on a daily basis from the 12th January to today to try and get it sorted, provided the 3 examples of calls that cannot get through with time, location etc and was told that their operations team will look into it with an assurance that the issue will be fixed within 3-5 days. Nobody did anything with the information and the ops team keep closing my case as they classed the issue as 'fixed'. I am still unable to get calls from my husband and sister and lots of other people!

I am ready to give up and port my number back but I was told that i have to give a 30 days notice to leave Plusnet. When I expressed my annoyance and wish to raise a formal complaint, I was told that I can only complaint to a manager, and there are none available to take my call. They will call me back within 48 hours for me to complaint. 

I have had my mobile number for 12 years and been with most UK providers from virgin, orange, o2, tesco, giffgaff and have ported my number fine over the years. When issues did arise, all the providers did their best to sort it out, but Plusnet seems to pride itself in providing the worst customer service possible. Everytime I call, I have to explain the issue all over again as they do not write proper notes of the telephone calls.  

Truly shambolic customer service and I advise people to stay well clear. 

Canmore

Oh dear,

I've just transferred from EE, took about 4 days to get my number over but now no Data. Have tried the suggested fix nothing, will contact CS again tommorrow.