cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Phone Number from Plusnet to O2

midori
Dabbler

Transferring Phone Number from Plusnet to O2

Firstly let me clarify that I have no Broadband or Landline Contract with Plusnet. I only have a Plusnet Mobile Phone SIM which has been working perfectly well.  I have purchased a new phone with O2 Sim, and have already arranged for my Phone Number to be ported over to O2 with PAC and all that completed. Today is the set day for porting my 'Plusnet Phone Number' over to my O2 Phone and O2 Sim   My Plusnet Sim is a pay monthly contract basis. And I don't want to use it anymore after it is ported over.

Already this morning my Phone Number' is now showing on the new O2 phone under Settings > About > Phone Number.  (replacing the O2 Sim's stock number). 

However when someone calls the number this morning they get through to my Plusnet Mailbox.

Is there something else I need to do, or does it sort itself out in a few hours? 

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Transferring Phone Number from Plusnet to O2

Hey there @midori there has been a bit of a delay with the ports recently so I would give it until the end of today and if it's still doing the same tomorrow, let us know Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
nicolajensen

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue - it's been several days now.  O2 were of no use and recommended i just keep rebooting the phone.  I also contacted google pixel support to see if it was an issue with the device.  Is there anything plusnet can do to ensure their actions for porting have been done?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 423

FYI, mobility number portability is regulated by OFCOM and is supposed to happen within one working day of giving your PAC to your new service provider.

The gaining service provider is 100% responsible for the porting processes, so the consumer only has a single point-of-contact. The new provider is required to compensate you for each day the transfer is delayed

@nicolajensen you need to contact O2 and remind them of their obligations under the porting rules...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nicolajensen

Thanks!  I have a feeling I'm in for a long day trying to get this sorted. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 423

@nicolajensen UnfortunateIy I suspect you're correct!. You very likely have what's known as a 'split port' where some of the information hasn't been correctly transferred between the networks. However it's O2's responsibility to chase up the porting teams of the networks involved, to rectify the situation ASAP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.