cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Number Nightmare

JohnACook
Hooked

Transferring Number Nightmare

I am in the middle of a transferring number nightmare. I do know two other people who have joined PlusNet with no problems (ironically from my recommendation) but my experience has been awful this week.

I submitted my PAC code on Wednesday.

I received this text Thursday morning at 08:56 " Hello, your port request is confirmed & will complete within 1 working day if submitted before 6pm. We'll be in touch to let you know once it's completed.". So in their words it should take ONE DAY not TWO.

Friday morning no confirmation so called cust. serv. Told ". It will be through by 2pm but can take TWO DAYS" confusion or just lies now! Not sure which.

2pm came and went so I waited and called them at 16:23. Told " it can take two day but should be done by the end of the day! So if not through by the morning call us.

The morning is NOW! So we are now on TWO days and no number has been ported. So I call. I'm told "it can take up to two days but as Saturday and Sundays are not working days it will be Monday at the earliest!!!" Call me cynical but is this porting process MANUAL‽ I don't know to be honest but surely it can't be in this day and age!!! So... PlusNet's computer systems don't work on the weekends!!!! I think they are just lying to me and that is where their biggest problem is with me. If things are going wrong for them; and reading this forum YES THEY ARE. A least be honest about it. Halt registrations / new users, get it sorted then open it up again. But above all BE HONEST!!!! I won't go into details but my phone is used for my role in the emergency services, i organised a short-term workaround the porting time, based on the lies PlusNet provided but the impact is continuing and they had no interest in this situation. Obvs there are many other issues such as very elderly relatives struggling to call me!

I'm Very VERY unhappy and unfortunately because of being lied to I'm unlikely to forget it.

Lastly: HOW have PlusNet
been getting such amazing reviews! Even from Which? This forum tells a very different
story! Over and over again!!
19 REPLIES 19
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Transferring Number Nightmare

You really need to take a chill pill.

This is from Giffgaff but it works exactly the same for all companies: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Porting-in-explained/ta-p/4221529

And yes, it is manual and it doesn't get done over a weekend.

JohnACook
Hooked

Thanks Rising Star

I have just skimmed that giffgaff info and I am surprised but informed. I have no problem at all with ANY of this. Weekend working or no weekend working...I could not give a damn! BUT TELL
ME...Give me the correct information from the outset I I will make an informed decision just don't lie to me.

I am
Looking at the portungbinfo on the SIM card holder right now. It says NOTHING about weekend working. It does say up to two days, but then their confirmation text says ONE DAY!!!

Just poor service and untruths and they've not even offered to send me a FREE Chill Pill!
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

No problem Newbie Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been told in the past that it takes longer to transfer a number if the number being transferred from or has in the past been with a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) who piggyback from the main three network  providers ( EE Vodapone  & 3 ) these include Asda Tesco Giffgaff  Lebara  etc .

I hope this helps if this is the case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JohnACook,

A port in does usually take 24 hours to be complete, however in your situation there does seem to have been a delay. Once the port has exceeded the 24-hour timescale, which we supply all our customers with, it is automatically flagged to our Operations Team who will work to have this resolved for you.

As you were advised previously this team are not available at the weekends, and the port will continue to be worked on from Monday. I’m sorry if you feel like you’ve been lied to or you’ve been provided with incorrect information, I can assure you this is never our intention.

If you’d like me to look into this further for you, feel free to send me a Private Message.

eldaras

I'm in a very similar situation. I just called customer services and "Simon" said that this is wider problem that plusnet is experiencing with transferring numbers.

Unfortunately, he didn't have a ETA of when it will be fixed other than "in the next few days", whatever that might mean.

szaman81
Grafter

My number port request was on Friday 3rd March and went through today at 5.30pm without issues.

Another should port request shouldgo through tomorrow From Saturday 4th March request.

See how things go...

JohnACook
Hooked

Another day...still no number port...that'll 4 days now!  I called this afternoon but same answer...no ETA..nothing they can do...oh and sorry!

JohnACook
Hooked

Yep...sound the same as me, 4 days now  - no ETA, no info and no calls from Clients who are using the number in the PlusNet system so definitely loosing money and work!  Great!

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Same problem here, requested port on 2nd March. Old SIM stopped working Saturday morning, then received a text saying "we've hit a bit of a snag".

Phoned twice today but was not able to be given a completion time/date.Sad 

seasider11

I ported my number into Plusnet mobile in January - and the experience was much the same - several days without any service after the former provider had terminated the number, incorrect information from the Plusnet call centre, etc. etc

It's clear that Plusnet's number porting system is not up to the task - and one could be forgiven to concluding that their Management is not up to the task of fixing the system, given that people are still getting messed around in the same way a couple of months later.

seasider11

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Re-booted phone this morning and transfer has completed. Every thing is working OK. Thank you to all involved.Smiley

szaman81
Grafter

Had my second number ported in today at 12.55pm without any issues. Wish everybody else's number porting went though smoothly as mine....

buzz
Hooked

Just signed up with Plusnet and I am also experiencing delays with porting my number. The number I am porting with my old provider stopped working yesterday morning and the port should have completed by the end of the day.

This morning customer services informed me that the port is in process, but they are experiencing delays and there is no ETA of when it will complete.