Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering old number to Plusnet

FIXED
LloydO
Fixes: 1

Transfering old number to Plusnet

My wife and I recently filled out Plusnet online applications, including PAC codes as requested, for transfer of our mobile numbers from our existing service provider to Plusnet.

The phone numbers shown on the "Your Number Request!" emails from Plusnet are diferent from our existing numbers which we have had for over 20 years. We are worried that we might loose our phone numbers. Should/can we cancel?. Please advise before transfer date 29/12/2021.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Transfering old number to Plusnet

Thank for your post @LloydO and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see your mobile number's not correct in the email confirmation we've sent.

For a quick response, I'd recommend calling us on 0800 079 1133 however feel free to private message me the following details to pass our data protection checks and we'll be happy to help you online.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LloydO
Fixes: 1

Fix

Thanks Gandailph. We spoke to one of your very helpful colleagues and are now reassured that Plusnet has our original numbers on record and that we will not lose our numbers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Awesome, that's good to see and cheers for coming back to us with the confirmation @LloydO 

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet