cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfered to another provider but still being billed?

Lynn3

Transfered to another provider but still being billed?

Hi, I transferred to another provider on 25th October which all went through fine - Got the PAC code from plusnet and so I assumed that would close the plusnet account. Today though I have just had a message telling me they will be taking the usual amount direct debit on Monday! I have tried logging into my account but there is nothing showing I assume because the account is closed. If the money is taken, how do I get it back, and how do I stop them taking any more? I dont want to cancel the direct debit as I know this can cause more issues. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Re: Transfered to another provider but still being billed?

Hi @Lynn3 

I'm sorry to hear this has happened.

Do you know when your bill was generated?

If it was generated before your number transferred we'll still take the full amount but we'll credit your account for any days you've paid for and not used. That'll then be refunded back to you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lynn3

Hi, Thankyou for getting back to me. I had the text to say my latest bill was available to view on the 23rd Oct. This said the payment would be taken on the 6th Nov which is when it would normally be taken. I transfered to my new provider on 25th Oct so I wasnt expecting another bill from plusnet. If there is still any outstanding amount to pay thats fine so long as I get back anything owed and then no more money taken. Many Thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Thanks for confirming @Lynn3 

In that case, you'll pretty much get most of it back and your next bill on the 23rd of November will tell you how much credit you'll be getting back

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lynn3

Ok thats fine - Hopefully it will all resolve itself. Many thanks for explaining - Much appreciated.

vzh7gk
Hooked
Fixes: 1

In a similar position, only a few days later than the OP. so I will be carefully scrutinising next month's bill Smiley

mccorm
Hooked

Slightly different situation here.

Myself & wife ported numbers out to another provider a few weeks back abd again assumed this would close our accounts. We have both had emails from Plusnet Mobile stating that our accounts are a few pounds in credit, which is consistent with having paid for a full month and left Plusnet Mobile part way through the month.

However in the email it just says "As your account is in credit by £x.xx, we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill".

Can anyone from Plusnet confirm how we will receive this credit now that we have left Plusnet Mobile? Will it be credited to our bank accounts? We do still have broadband with Plusnet.

Thanks

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hiya @mccorm 

I'm sorry for the confusion these emails is causing and I really want to get to the bottom of this for you. 

Please can you PM me the mobile number it relates to and your full name?  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team