cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of PAC code now 11 days still waiting !!

PACman
Hooked

Transfer of PAC code now 11 days still waiting !!

I paid upfront and have a DD about to come out in a few days on a Sim only deal.

I was told to expect a 1-2 day wait as i transfer my BT mobile number over .

I have phoned many times to get sorry nothing I can do it is with the tech team etc.......it is delayed etc....no manager i can speak to, they are not available etc.......

I started this whole thing on the 20th July, what can you do? I asked about cancelling the whole thing and got told this morning I cannot cancel???

It is an absolute farce, and advertising 1-2 days is a blatant lie....I guess just keep phoning 500 and listen to music for 20 mins then get told nothing we can do, its with the tech team........

5 REPLIES 5
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Transfer of PAC code now 11 days still waiting !!

I'm very sorry to hear this, PACman.

Ports are usually complete within one working day, although occasionally we can hit a snag due to the multiple moving parts involved in completing a port.

When this happens, it's raised to our Networking team, who then liase with your previous network and work on getting the port completed as fast as possible. Once this has been done, we're more than happy to compensate for any inconvenience caused.

In terms of cancelling the contract, we would advise against doing this when a port is in progress, as we wouldn't want the number to be lost forever. Of course, once the port is complete, you are welcome to do so.

A manager call, however, is something we can definitely organise for you, and I'm sorry you haven't been able to set this up so far. If you'd still like to go ahead with this, please Private Message me and I can get that arranged for you. 

PACman
Hooked

Believe it or not I have asked now Three times for a Manager to contact me in the last few days.

I have had not one text , or call back in now thirteen days to inform me of what is going on.

I will now send you my details and see if you can actually do anything.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Thanks for the PM, PACman.

I'll reply to you with more information there, but I've arranged to have a manager call you back today. I'm extremely sorry for the delay in getting this sorted.

PACman
Hooked

Thank you. It has just been completed.

Such a faff and so many hoops to jump through just to get it sorted.

I do thank you personally as I could not get any answers at all.

Weemerseymac

S

@PACman wrote:

I paid upfront and have a DD about to come out in a few days on a Sim only deal.

I was told to expect a 1-2 day wait as i transfer my BT mobile number over .

I have phoned many times to get sorry nothing I can do it is with the tech team etc.......it is delayed etc....no manager i can speak to, they are not available etc.......

I started this whole thing on the 20th July, what can you do? I asked about cancelling the whole thing and got told this morning I cannot cancel???

It is an absolute farce, and advertising 1-2 days is a blatant lie....I guess just keep phoning 500 and listen to music for 20 mins then get told nothing we can do, its with the tech team........

I am having the same problem although it is hours not days and God forbid it goes on that long. I have phoned 500 and been told 'nothing we can do'!!! I have been in conversation through Twitter DM and ultimately the response I got was 'nothing we can do it's within our timescale'!!! I have checked my no and the response is "You've dialled an incorrect no, please check the no and dial again"!!! What is this telling anyone who is trying to get in touch with me? Customer Service staff are less than helpful. Why, when I've ported numerous times in the past has it taken less than an hour, yet Plusnet can't do it in a realistic timescale?? I am less than happy and would seriously tell friends and family not to go with this service provider for mobile network.