cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from EE to Plusnet and IPhone 6 is using previous data allowance from EE

Lesley2
Hooked

Transfer from EE to Plusnet and IPhone 6 is using previous data allowance from EE

I'm getting to the end of my tether ... purchased a sim only package with Plusnet at the beginning of June and transferred my daughter's phone from EE at the end of her contract period.  Her old number was ported over okay.  However, one week in, she had a text from EE saying that she'd used 80% of her data allowance (previously 300mb) - the new Plusnet allowance is 3.5gb.  I rang EE to check and they said the phone was no longer on the account - to contact Plusnet.  I subsequently rang Plusnet to query this and Phil said to email in a screen shot of the text - which we did - but heard nothing more.

Two days later, another text came through from EE to say 100% data had been used and my daughter could no longer access any mobile data.  Plusnet comes up in the top left-hand corner, but when you turn on mobile data, it just continues to say 'connecting' and that's it.  I've checked the data usage and my daughter has only used 200mb of the Plusnet allowance.

I've rung Plusnet 3 times over the last few days and constantly get fobbed off with non-solutions ... turn airplane mode on then off; take the sim out and try again, reset the network settings, which we've done. There was even mention of APN settings, but no guidance on this.  I googled it, but found that there aren't any APN settings/options available on my daughter's phone (they are on my iPhone 6 via Virgin, but not on my husband's, who's with EE).

As a last resort, I even went into the EE shop and they said it was a Plusnet issue and to contact them, but I was insistent that the texts were coming from EE, so something's not right.  They were bamboozled as to why the phone is still picking up the EE data allowance and could only suggest backing up the phone, wiping it and re-setting.  We've done this.  To no avail.

I've seen that at least one other has had this loss of mobile data issue, but not with an iPhone.  Can anyone help with a solution?

TIA.

20 REPLIES 20
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Transfer from EE to Plusnet and IPhone 6 is using previous data allowance from EE

@Lesley2 It's a strange one that .. but seeing as no-one else has replied , I'll see if I can help..

This

I've checked the data usage and my daughter has only used 200mb of the Plusnet allowance.

would tend to indicate that your data IS being attributed to the PN connection. Was that checked by logging into the mobile account and checking the data usage ? or was it from the phone ?

I googled it, but found that there aren't any APN settings/options available on my daughter's phone (they are on my iPhone 6 via Virgin, but not on my husband's, who's with EE).

We've seen some problems on here with iPhones retaining old profiles from previous SIM's , usually it's Vodafone sims though. I'm not sure if the APN settings are any different from EE to PN anyway but you can check if any old profiles exist and delete them as follows:-

To remove a configuration profile in iOS:
  1. On your iOS device, open Settings > General.
  2. Scroll to the bottom and open Profiles. If you do not see a "Profiles" section, you do not have a configuration profile installed.
  3. In the "Profiles" section, select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lesley2
Hooked

Re: Transfer from EE to Plusnet and IPhone 6 is using previous data allowance from EE

Thanks for responding, @MisterW!

We think the 200mb used attributes to the period between using the sim card phone number to when the old EE number was ported over.   This amount hasn't shifted in the last week, as I've checked a number of times.

We looked for the configuration profile, but there wasn't one ...

It's looking like Plusnet is not the network for us ...

Tags (1)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Lesley2 hmm! that could possibly be a 'split' ' port problem.

@LivRobinson seeing as you're online, could you assist with this ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi @Lesley2

I'm sorry to hear of your data issue, as @MisterW rightfully said, this could be related to your number port. But not to worry, if you'd like to send me a PM with your account's details, I'll take a look and see how I can help.  Smiley

- Charlie

Lesley2
Hooked

Lesley2
Hooked

Thanks @MisterW.  Here's hoping @CharlieRobinson has a solution ...

Tags (1)
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response, Lesley2!

But I'll need you to send me a private message with your account's details, so that we can run through some quick details about your account - just select my username and follow the link to my profile page, then hit 'send private message'. 

(I'd also advise deleting your last post, keeping your account info private and secure) 

- Charlie

rtsg7vyi
Dabbler

I am having the same issue with a samsung S7. Worked ok on originsl plusnet number for a few days. thenported EE number over. We have had same messages from EE and now no mobile data. Apps report no connection, browser redirects to EE page offering to sell us more data. Spent an hour on hphone to plusnet reset access point data still no joy. They have suggested speaking to samsung. Have you had any luck yet?

Lesley2
Hooked

Hi

No luck yet.  Plusnet have sent a new simcard, but that hasn't fixed the problem.  Have spoken to Anthony today and he said if it's a split port, the new sim wouldn't fix, but "it's always worth trying first".  Have had to record 3 times of when we tried to activate data (to no avail, of course) before they will report to the 'back office'.  I'm hoping this 'back office' can work miracles!

As a side note, I spoke to EE today and the techy there suggested that it sounds like all the files haven't moved over and it's an issue for the 'MMP Team'.

I'm giving it one last shot before looking elsewhere.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

This certainly sounds like the right path to go down Lesley2.

This information will be sent off to our network engineers, who will look at what's happening at a network level and implement a fix for you.

Lesley2
Hooked

Thanks, @MichaelWilliams!

gsk7912
Hooked

I am having same issues for 2 months now.  No joy at all.  This is so frustrating.  Have been to EE and plusnet and nobody can see the issue but I can't access data.  My network on top of iphone 7 plus shows "plusnet 4G".

I have no access to the APN settings and there is no Profile as mentioned in other threads.  I haven't got time and energy to reset phone and people didnt have success either. 

I have noticed that under Settings>Mobile Data it says EE and when I click on Carrier Services it takes me to the EE website and when I click on Set Up Personal Hotspot it says I have to contact EE to set it up on this account. Before the number port i could use a personal hotspot fine.

Did anyone got the fix of this issue?  I am really desperate as this has made my life so difficult when I visit client site and have to find new offices without data.

Thanks

Lesley2
Hooked

Our issue turned out to be a 'split-port' whereby all the files haven't been carried over.  The 'back office' at Plusnet have to sort for you, but you have to supply dates and times of 3 attempts, 2 hours apart, at trying to to login to the data network.  @CharlieRobinson was most helpful in assisting with this problem and we're now all sorted.

gsk7912
Hooked

@CharlieRobinson I sent you a private message couple of days back.  I haven't heard back from you.  This is so frustrating.  In this day and age, if you can't fix data issue for months.  My data issue is exactly similar to Lesley in the above message.  Can you have a look pls?  Can someone from Plusnet respond if you are not around?  How long does it take to fix similar issue for other customer if its fixed for one?  Its a joke if you don't give you timescales and keep repeating that you are working on the issue.