Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of mobile signal

FIXED
silverage
Dabbler

Re: Total loss of mobile signal

I switched across from EE to what was then Life Mobile in late October. All was well until yesterday afternoon. Called them last night and got the same story as others above. Told it would hopefully be back overnight. Of course it isn't.

Now heading towards 24 hours with no service. I'm happy enough to switch to another provider but I expect it would be a nightmare trying to port my number away from a non-working service.

Z28DUNC

I'm in the midlands and I've got a total loss of service. Phoned Plusnet last night and was told they where experiencing 'issues'. I ported for Orange which is EE. Sims been fine until now. Great timing not having a working phone over Christmas!

juleafield

Still no signal at 10:20am I am in Hertfordshire, it is not a EE Tower issue already called EE to check as my husband is with EE. I was an Orange/ EE customer and had my number ported over August this year. Yesterday around 15:00 sim went dead and when you call my number it doesn't even route to my voicemail just says number incorrect . Trying to get hold of Plusnet now .... on hold !!!!   This will be the 4th time of calling them. Will ask for a manager this time will update you all with out come

silverage
Dabbler

I've tried to call them a couple of times this morning, but got sick of waiting on hold only to receive no useful information no doubt.

Is there anyone affected who has not come from Orange / EE?

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Duplicate post removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

JS1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Firstly in some way I am glad it's not just me! I live in south east Wales. So does not look like an outage in a specific geographical area but something to do with the number porting. I came from Orange and had my number ported about 1 week ago. Port seemed to have gone smoothly and all was fine. So I think as others have suggested the problem seems to be that the ported number is not recognised any more. So what to do? Do we sit tight and wait for them to fix it? Will it be fixed over Christmas? Are they taking it seriously? Do we demand compensation? Is it something you report to Ofcom? Go to the media? Your views would be appreciated.

Philistine
Hooked

Same for me in Horsham, West Sussex. Ex Orange PAYG. Number porting took 5 days but all was finally up and running yesterday (22/12/16). Checked Mobile Speed at approx 06.30 this morning (23/12) and it was running really well. Signal disapperaed around 09.00 (23/12) this morning. Lets hope that Plusnet manage to sort the problem in time for Christmas. 

silverage
Dabbler

If phones are still going off as of this morning, that's a bit worrying. It indicates they haven't managed to stop the problem yet, let alone fix it.

Royal
Dabbler

Given the widespread nature of this problem it would be really nice if a Plusnet Moderator could provide a brief update. Process is as follows:

1. Plusnet Moderator picks up telephone (that's the thing on their desk that's about 8" x 5" with a number keypad on it and a plastic bit you pick up and hold to your mouth and ear) and speaks to someone in Plusnet Operations for a one-line description of the problem, who is effected and when it might be solved.

2. Plusnet Moderator then posts what he/she finds out on this Thread.

Result? 100% increase in customer satisfaction. It may not solve the problem but at least we know what is going on.

Simples.

JS1
Dabbler

Yes I am very surprised no moderator has been on here apart from deleting duplicate posts! I suspect they have no clue what is going on, I mean that seriously, they really don't know what is going on and therefore they can't post anything.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Moderators are customers not staff and won't know any more than other customers

JS1
Dabbler

Sorry didn't realise moderators were not staff. Do staff go on the boards?

Royal
Dabbler

OK - I didn't know Plusnet Moderators were Customers. On the ThinkBroadband Forums if people post issues with Plusnet Broadband then Plusnet Employees get involved by providing updates and information.

BullyBeef
Hooked

Drawing some of the thoughts together....

This is not an EE network coverage issue - location does not appear to be relevant.

I can see a number of people transferred in from other services using the EE Network - I didn't.  For a number of reasons I took my number via another provider.

The symptoms are reasonably consistent of SIM not registering and when you call the number from another phone you get "please check the number and try again" or not obtainable etc.

This seems to have happened about 2:15 yesterday afternoon.

There is a complete absence of information from PlusNet about the issue, what they are doing about it or when we can expect service to return - which is completely unacceptable.

My best guess is they implemented a change in their systems that interface with EE and as a result manage to terminate our services with EE.

I Emailed the PlusNet CEO last night and had a reply this morning promising contact - but as yet I have not heard anything.

Royal
Dabbler

Hi BullyBeef, Please let us all know the outcome of your email to the CEO........................

Also, when you say you didn't transfer from EE, are you sure it was not another EE virtual network. For example Virgin Mobile use EE, just like Plusnet mobile. There are only four network providers, EE, Vodafone, Three and O2. Everyone else uses one of those four networks.