Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of mobile signal

FIXED
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Total loss of mobile signal

If you still have no data then check the apn setting selected, mine was on the wrong one for some reason after rebooting. It could have been me but fairly sure it wasn't.

I deleted all of the unused apn's and just left the EE Internet and the EE MMS ones.

The correct settings are here:

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

I've had no problems (touch wood) since it got sorted last night.

silverage
Dabbler

I couldn't change my APN settings with having an iPhone, but the endless reboots and network settings resets of last night appear to have done the trick and my phone is fully working this morning. Only quirk is going back to "LIFE" rather than "plusnet", but I can live with that.

Royal
Dabbler

Just noticed my Android phone displays Life rather than Plusnet. Though everything appears to work OK, maybe PN have reverted back to some old settings to get everyone up and running. Not an issue for me, but again some feedback from PN would be nice.....
JS1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I have signal, I can phone and text but still no data. Been like this over Christmas, was away and had wifi so not big problem and didn't want to deal with it until now. Been over APN settings many times but does not make a difference. Called plusnet but was cut off when person went to talk to his manager. Anyone still getting problems or just me? Plusnet person said there were apparently still some issues with the system. I suspect there is something still wrong within their network. I saw someone obtained a new SIM and that worked. Anyone thinks this will work?

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Only one way of finding that out and that's by requesting one.

When the initial problem was sorted my phone had changed APN's and I had no data, I deleted all of the unused ones and double checked the one left. I presume you've turned it off, removed sim for a couple of minutes before putting it back and rebooted?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

JS1
Dabbler

Have ordered a new SIM as a last resort. I phoned plusnet again and they advised that they would send me an e mail which contains settings that would help me. I said that I had already gone over the APN settings on their website many times but was assured this e mail would help me. However e mail just contained same information that they have on their website. Not listening drives me up the wall with customer service!

JS1
Dabbler

Fix

New SIM has fixed the problem. Put new SIM in and 4G symbol came up straight away. Didn't have to change APN settings at all with new SIM and looking at APN settings they are the same as what I had with the old SIM. Considering that the old SIM with the same APN settings worked fine until the total loss of signal problem I suspect that there are gremlins in the plusnet network eg does not seem to recognise some SIM cards. Anyway working for me know so hopefully after a rocky start things will settle down now and be ok. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.