Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of mobile signal

FIXED
silverage
Dabbler

Re: Total loss of mobile signal

Surely Plusnet don't expect their customers to be messing about like this? My data was working OK up until yesterday. I'll be looking into quitting and switching to another provider I think.

davebiffuk
Grafter

Several reboots later... I have a solid 4G data service (I'm posting this from my phone) but can't make calls or send texts... "Mobile network not available." More patience required?

This is a Feb '99/Orange number.
Philistine
Hooked

Still down in Horsham. Think l'll stop checking until the morning. Will log off the forum for now. Thanks to all for contributions glad to know I'm not alone!
silverage
Dabbler

You're the opposite of me then!

I've just called them about my lack of data and they think the APN settings are screwed so they're sending me an email with 10-12 simple steps to sort it out. We'll see.

silverage
Dabbler

Instructions received, but make no sense. Half the options are not available on iPhone. What a lash-up.

silverage
Dabbler

Mobile data restored! I don't know how but I've got 3G back. For some reason the service provider has reverted to LIFE rather than plusnet though. No idea what's going on, but I'll leave it alone now it's working.

tismetoo
Dabbler

We seem to be back in business on both of our Plusnet phones - hopefully the problem is fixed and the system will still be up and working in the morning.

An explanation (and apology) would come in handy though - I switched because we've had a good experience with Plusnets Broadband / Fibre - I hope the loss of their mobile system for over 24hrs is not an indicator for the future.

juleafield

After reading the post ( Sorry forgot username ) that came in 15 minutes around 22:00 to say it's back I turned my phone off and back on and it came back up after quite a while so I can make/ receive calls, text and DATA. When I called C/S at Plusnet around 20:30 they said there was a large sign up on their board in the office saying we should all be back up and running by the end of this day 23rd. We would then receive an email with their planned compensation offer !!! Will left you know what they OFFER

JS1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Still no data connection. Those that have data now, did you have to change the APN settings or did it just work?

milos71
Dabbler

Had to turn off and on the phone a couple of times for the data to be restored. 

juleafield

Didn't change anything just started to work again, albeit it did go off after a minute but came back after 2 mins

davebiffuk
Grafter

Went away for a couple of hours cathartic DIY. 🙂 Rebooted the phone once more and calls, texts and data all seem OK. Fingers crossed that's a permanent fix. Just wondering what calls/texts I might have missed...

So did Plusnet drop the ball or did Orange-now-EE muck up the porting database...?
BullyBeef
Hooked

Hi Folks

Been out for the evening with no coverage.  Reboot and back on - all connected and working.

Those with IPhones needing to sort out APN connections - sorry I can't help.

Hope everyone gets sorted soon.

Philistine
Hooked

Morning all. As others have reported. A reboot this morning of my iPhone and all is up and running. I'm glad that plusnet at least managed to sort the problem, hopefully for all, before Christmas. For those that perhaps still have no data service on their iPhone the fix for me after I was first ported to plusnet was to go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. BUT BE AWARE THIS SEEMS TO CAUSE THE iPHONE TO FORGET EVERY NETWORK IT KNOWS ABOUT. This means retyping the passwords for each network you use as you use it, including your home Wi-Fi. Hope this helps somebody. Merry Christmas ro all.

Royal
Dabbler

Signal returned last night. Rebooted phone but voice and texts but no data. Just rebooted phone again and data has retuned.