Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of mobile signal

FIXED
JS1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Total loss of mobile signal

From about 2pm today I have had a total loss of signal. I tried the SIM card in another phone and does not work either. I tried an EE card in my phone and works fine. Anyone else have an outage?

96 REPLIES 96
Royal
Dabbler

Re: Total loss of mobile signal

Yes - Same problem. Called PN Customer Services. They said known problem and it's being worked on. No Estimated time to fix though. Anyone else having problems? Location? I am Luton area......
Royal
Dabbler

Yes - Same problem. Customer Services told me a known problem. No estimated time to fix though.
davebiffuk
Grafter

Yes, same symptoms in south Cambridge area. Currently waiting to speak to support on my landline.

Dave
davebiffuk
Grafter

Support say it is being worked on as top priority but there is no ETA for a fix.
juleafield

Yes exactly the same issue around 2.30pm today phone home screen brings up a message saying "sim card not provisioned Turn phone off then on again if no network call Customer Service".... Called Plusnet they really have no clue and said they would report it to the operations department , that was 17:45 and again at 22:00. I can't even access my voicemail remotely to change my message to inform callers of the issue unlike the big 4. Still the usual saying "you pay peanuts you get monkeys", I was with Orange / EE for  20 years only left this year looks like I'll be going back. I feel the issue is the Sim card has been deactivated in error by Plusnet as all our other 4 phones don't work with this card but can see the Plusnet towers so obviously a sim card issue even though Plusnet say it isn't . Will keep you updated

BullyBeef
Hooked

Similar problem for me.  I Had a text at 14:10 and replied at 14:22 - but the reply never went.  I only realised about 18:00 when I connected to a WiFi Signal and got a pile of emails - telling me my phone wasn't working!  The phone is now showing emergency calls only - SIM not registered.  When you call my number it doesn't even go to voice mail.

Once I got home to the land line I spent half an hour on the phone with a very polite and friendly but ultimately ineffectual customer services agent.  He said there does seem to be a problem affecting a (small) number of customers, that the issue had been running for about 5 hours (that would have been starting about 16:00), that they would try to fix in 24-48 hours.  I pressed for more information which he could not \ would not give.  I couldn't even get to talk to a supervisor and he also said he couldn't set up a re-direct so at least I could get my calls on another number.

I pressed to speak to some one else and the best he could do is get some one to call in the next 48 hours.  When pressed on whether that was clock hours he said working hours - so that will be some time late next week then!

So much for great customer service.  Friendly and polite - but that is not much comfort.  The least I would have expected is some kind of indication of what the problem is (especially six and a half hours in) and a good idea of when they will be able to provide an update.

I agree with one of the other comments - it looks like the account has become unregistered at EE - which smacks of an interface error - or fat fingers.

milos71
Dabbler

Same here in Kent. Spoke to Customer services at 15:30 yesterday still no signal this morning. Customer services initially didn't know anything about loss of signal. Then said there were some cases where this had started to be reported and it was being escalated. Given no indication as to when it will be resolved.

As a side. I was with Orange and my port to Plusnet was done within 24 hours within 4 days of them going live on 29th November with their mobile service. Unlike some users on here who's ports are still waiting after 7 'working' days. Could this outage be down to the 'tweaks' they have done with their porting procedures and some users have now fallen through a gap in the process as what was working as a 'Port' now doesn't similar to switching off a network port forwarding service on a router so traffic no longer is being sent to the correct addresses?

Plusnet must be more open with their issues. Being honest as a service provider rather than a wall of silence does go a long way with customers. No answers or unkept promises to call back just add fuel to the fire.

Next stop email to CEO and request a 'Mobile' Status page to be added to Plusnet's 'Status' Page as its an important information feed is evidently missing.

'Merry Christmas' Plusnet. Suggestion for your 'New Year Resolution' - Must provide better service for customers - Give us the information we need and if you say you're going to call back please do. The little things matter. Dropping the ball this early into a new service doesn't bode well for the future...Ho Ho Ho - The irony. 

Update 07:00 23/12: Just tried dialling the mobile number - Says the number doesn't exist. Looks like the Port was only 'temporary' and has 'failed' maybe due to the 'fixes' they have been trying for other ports that have taken ages. Better have some retrospective compensation for the inconvenience of this. Now to try and find their 'formal' complaints procedure.

tismetoo
Dabbler

Still no signal / sim card registration (08.00 23 Dec 2016) - it's obviously Plusnet / EE as I have another mobile sitting next to my Plusnet one and that one has a perfect signal (ASDA Mobile that also uses the EE network).

Phoned help desk and they still have no idea how long to fix or even what the problem is.

I phoned both my Plusnet mobiles from my ASDA mobile and it says my Plusnet numbers don't exist - great, so no-one can leave any messages either !!

I suspect the problem is - EE have screwed Plusnet because they've lost a lot of customers (I was with EE for 17 years). I still hate EE as their support was terrible but now I'm getting severe grief from my wife as her mobile is important to her and I persuaded her to change to Plustnet.

And to think that BT supposedly own EE - someone needs to get their finger out or we'll all be going elsewhere !!!

tismetoo
Dabbler

Are posts vetted?

hlandels

Same story up here in Oban, Scotland so appears to be a nationwide issue. Have contacted three times since outage but still no suggestion of reason for outage. EE mobiles working fine in the area so clearly a Plusnet interface issue.

Royal
Dabbler

It is most annoying that I have to read Forum posts to work out what is going on. My wife uses an EE SIM in an identical phone sitting next to mine and she is OK with a signal. So the loss of signal is a Plusnet problem, not an EE problem. So telling people to look at the EE Status page is a total waste of time.

I moved from EE. It took Plusnet a month to port my old number across. Again the Plusnet folks were very polite, but no-one ever gave me an explanation of why it took a month. It was only by reading Forums (they were Life Mobile then) that I worked out this number porting problem was unique to customers porting from EE. Not O2, Three or Vodafone.

So I agree with the earlier post who suggested that somehow Plusnet has forgotten the port. Can all future posts that have this problem please confirm whether they have had a number ported across from EE. I suspect the answer is yes and somehow Plusnet has done something yesterday that forgot earlier number ports from EE. Let's hope this time the problem doesn't take a month to solve!

As an aside, this further Plusnet Mobile problem means I won't suggest to my wife that she moves from EE to Plusnet. As I said to one of the Plusnet people when I had the original porting problem, if my wife has an issue moving from EE to Plusnet it won't be Plusnet getting long complaints from my wife, it will be poor old me for suggesting she moves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ported from EE to Life in March and live in Staffordshire and my now PlusNet mobile is still working.

Its very strange if the network is not working in the South and Scotland but OK here in the Midlands .

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

I'm in Scotland and the signal is the same as ever so just because 1 person reports an issue doesn't make it countrywide.

EDIT: I moved from Giffgaff (hasn't completed yet) so perhaps it's a EE>PN problem.

TheWhiphound

Ah!

I have this same problem since yesterday in Reading, and Newbury.  I ported from EE but it has been working until now.

My phone is not registering on the network, it just says emergency calls only.  I also get a notification (android phone) that says "The selected network (Plusnet) is unavailable".

If I call my own mobile from another phone it says that the number has not been recognized.

No one at plusnet has mentioned that this was likely a widespread issue and until I found this discussion I thought that there were some follow on issues with my number port or something (Although it has been fine for a few weeks).