Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too good to be true deal, and it is

ausbum
Hooked

Too good to be true deal, and it is

Hi Plusnet

So I took advantage of the sim only deal last week. Bought on Wednesday 25th July with advice that it would all be set up and good to go 30th July at midday.

Sim arrived as advised Friday with two different numbers printed on the letter and sim card. The sim didnt work on the Monday.

Called customer service and spoke with [CSA Removed], who advised that the sales team had given the incorrect information and that the sim would never have been set up in time for monday given the time that the order was accepted, and to phone back today if the phone was not working as this would allow the "system" to catch up. I emailed customer services who have yet to reply, though got an odd phone call from [CSA Removed] who said it may or may not be about my email and could he have my address as the system needed updating (despite having already received the sim card!)

Phoned this morning to speak with [CSA Removed], who after some digging into the account explained would need to look into it but would hopefully be able to call back in two hours, three hours later I call to speak with [CSA Removed] as no word from [CSA Removed] with the view to cancel the order. [CSA Removed] however has to pass it to a team who dont deal directly with customers advised that cancellation was not possible and the account had to go live before cancellation and this may take up to 5 working days....

So that's three calls to customer services, one call to me (that may or may not be related to the email that i sent....) and am no further forward to getting anywhere.....

Id like to know how to get my money back that was very swiftly taken without issue on the day of ordering- good to see where the priority lies!

Thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Too good to be true deal, and it is

Hi ausbum,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with the signing up process. This certainly doesn't sound like the usual high standard of service that we provide and I can assure that we'll work to resolve this for you. 

When you place an order with us, it can either be authorised, declined or in a state of pending. If it is pending, this means that we may require further information from you such a proof of address. If this is the case, an automatic email will be sent out to you with a request for that specific information; we do advise to check your junk/spam folders. If we don't hear back from you with this request, the order will be cancelled after 14 working days and any upfront payment will be returned to you.

Once an order has been processed, we cannot cancel this until the account first becomes live. I would advise to stay updated with your emails, as an automatic 'Welcome Email' will be sent to you once the account is active.

When the account does become live, we can close this down for you and return any upfront payment. If the order is pending, this will automatically cancel after 14 working days, if we don't hear back from you with the requested information.

I apologise for any inconvenience and frustration caused ausbum

- Rebeka 

ausbum
Hooked

So four members of staff and your email customer service line has failed, I can understand if it was one bad egg, but its a series so imagine its actually common place, but I understand you are obliged to say this. Essentially everyone has promised something but failed to deliver....

In terms of the order pending, no emails, no nothing..spam is regularly checked and all emails from plusnet are coming through loud and clear, so this easy out is not possible in this situation.

ausbum
Hooked

So an update- I sent an email to cancel my contract- this has been ignored...standard!

I contacted my bank who have reversed the payments and blocked any pending direct debits

Got a great deal from another provider who sorted everything in under 24 hours- Win!

Bottom line- avoid plusnet mobile! lesson learnt