cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three plusnet contracts - roaming enabled?

highheidyin

Three plusnet contracts - roaming enabled?

Hi Rebeka - I see in another thread that you instructed a user to PM you to check if their contracts were enabled for roaming. Myself and my family have three plusnet sims and we are going to Gran Canaria and want to know if we will be able to use our phones like at home, including data etc, at no extra charge - I have checked my bills but the tarriff name is not displayed?

Can you help?

4 REPLIES 4
highheidyin

Re: Three plusnet contracts - roaming enabled?

Can I get ANY support - I am going on holiday tomorrow and could really do with knowing what's what with my contracts?

squawk7000
Dabbler

HHY, have you tried using the chat facility or calling 500 from your plusnet mobile line?

I'm just back from Gran Canaria, and my phone connected straightaway to Orange (although it was a 3G data signal rather than 4G). It was certainly fast enough for browsing etc when away from wifi. Most cafes and bars have wifi anyway, so that saves using your included data.

hope this helps

Ken

highheidyin

Thanks Ken - your reply is most helpful. Unfortunately, I need to do work on my laptop in the resort where I am staying but there is no wifi available at all so I will be relying on my PlusNet signal.

There are two types of contract apparently and Rebeka has mentioned to others to PM her directly for a response - I did that and have now waited almost two days for a response.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi highheidyin,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Apologies for not responding sooner, but I must advise that this is not an instant messaging platform and it can take a little longer for staff to reply. If you do require an instant response, I would advise to call us on 500 free from the SIM, 0800 079 1133 from another handset, or catch us on our Live Chat feature. Smiley

All of our tariff plans now have 'Roam Like At Home' enabled and do not require for this to be activated on the account, unless you've contacted us to disable any roaming access previously. If you would like to double check the accounts, I would advise to call the team on 500 free from the SIM. 

Gran Canaria is included in our 'Roam Like At Home', so you'll be able to use your allowances as you would within the UK.

- Rebeka Smiley