cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think Plus Net has customer support. Think again.

angusbeare
Grafter

Think Plus Net has customer support. Think again.

I moved to PlusNet mobile on 10th December and I am still waiting for my old number to port over.

It's now 20th December.

Fobbed off over and over again.

It's utterly pathetic. I'll be leaving PlusNet broadband and mobile as soon as I have time in the New Year.

Feel totally insulted.

I have spoken to at least five people and been told the same nonsense.  I spoke to a manager who promised to keep

me informed. That was last week. I've not heard from her since.

Hiding, the lot of them.  Well I'm not hiding and I'm not going away until you resolve this issue.

This story will be all over the internet like a rash.

Angus

22 REPLIES 22
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Think Plus Net has customer support. Think again.

Hi @angusbeare!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

I'm really sorry to hear that your number port is delayed.

We do usually expect these to complete within 1-2 working days, but unfortunately they can become 'stuck' if we have not been provided with the correct files.

Once it has been escalated to the Operations Team, it can't be escalated any further as they are the only ones who have any control of this.

I do understand your frustration due to this delay, but I assure you they are working as hard as they can to repair or locate the files to complete this as soon as they can.

You have already started our complaints process as you have spoken to a manager, so I'm confident this is being handled for you.

If there are any account specific queries you'd like to discuss with us on here, please send me a private message so I can access your account!

Thank you 

-Oli

angusbeare
Grafter

thanks Oli

This is the same message I've been told over and over again which as you can imagine is starting to get a bit repetitive.

I spoke to a manager last week and was promised compensation. But I've not heard back from her since.

Another night has passed and I woke up this morning to find the window cleaners outside. No warning of course because he

tried to call me on my OLD number!

If I could I'd go straight to another service provider but if I do that I'll definitely lose my number.

Needless to say. Once it finally does transfer over it's goodbye from me.

10th December PAC code provided. 21st December still no transfer!  Is this a record?

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @angusbeare

thanks for getting back to us. I completely understand your frustration with this as this is clearly causing you some disruptions, for which we apologise. 

Regarding compensation; we're more than happy to compensate you for the time without you number, however in the rare instances ports are delayed this compensation usually isn't applied until the port is completed. If you drop me a message I can certainly look into this for you and speed things up in this department. 

It certainly would be a shame for you to leave us, rest assured we'll be doing everything we can to get this rectified for you and ensure the rest of your Plusnet journey goes as smoothly as possible. 

angusbeare
Grafter

thank you Sarah.. another morning goes by and still no progress..

I'll send you a message

ps:  I am not rest assured that you are doing your best, I am very fed up and convinced you are doing very little!

angusbeare
Grafter

Another day goes by and nothing from more from PlusNet.  No messages, no calls, still number not ported.

Appalled.

angusbeare
Grafter

I'll be amazed if the number is ported before New Year now.  Utter rubbish.

Well done PlusNet and merry Christmas. Hope you enjoy the staff Christmas party..

angusbeare
Grafter

23rd Now and still number not ported!  And nothing from PlusNet management. No texts, no emails, no phone calls.

Brilliant!

angusbeare
Grafter

27th now and still no port!
angusbeare
Grafter

29th now and still no port!
Just one lame auto SMS message same as the others I've had telling me there's a snag.
Only a few days and it's good bye PlusNet and thanks for all the fish.
New Year. New number and new provider.

I think the answer is when switching to assume up front that your old number is toast. Get a new SIM and tell everyone the new number. Keep the old number going for a month before closing it down.
No pain.
The most frustrating thing about all this is having to chase up PlusNet. They should be chasing me to apologise. I've lost time and money and sleep. They've only lost a customer and clearly, what do they care?
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm very sorry to read that your port is delayed, angusbeare. I can't speed up the porting process at all, as this has already been flagged to the relevant team who are working on getting things resolved, but perhaps I can help explain the process and clear a few things up.

It does seem like the port has hit quite a significant snag, further exacerbated by the holiday period. I can completely appreciate your frustration, and your desire for more information - however, it's not that nobody from Plusnet cares about your situation, morseo that it's difficult to provide timescales for a repair due to the number of potential causes and the way porting files are repaired. As our engineers work through the possible causes and attempt to implement a fix, as soon as they find the file causing the problem it will be resolved, so by the time we know the root cause this will have been fixed and your port will have completed. There's a great link posted by 

there's a really good description of how porting works here https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Porting-in-explained/ta-p/4221529 ( athough the link refers to porting into giffgaff the process is the same for all providers ).

That said, I recognise the importance of communication, so I'd be happy to keep an eye on your account and send you a message here on the forum every day I'm in the office with news - even if the news is "no news". Please let me know if this is something you'd be interested in. We can also compensate you for the inconvenience once the porting process has completed.

Again, I'm very sorry your port has been delayed, and whilst I can't justify the delay, I hope I've at least helped shed more light on the situation.

Mabel
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm surprised at how un-sophisticated the porting process is!!

We can put men on the moon, nearly 50 years ago mind you, but porting a phone number
takes lots of people and nearly as long as Neil & Buzz took to get to the Moon!!

I would have thought that in 2018, a few clicks on a keyboard, Bingo, and then
the computer goes off and does computer'ery things and a few milliseconds
later, JOB DONE. Simples Smiley

Now there's a process begging for an update.

Happy New Year

angusbeare
Grafter

Yes Mabel

It's now 2nd Jan and number still not ported. I will be going out tomorrow to get a new contract and when my number does finally port I'll be gone.

As far as I can work out number porting happens like this:

A man gets a call from some department. He gathers up some documents and sets off on his bicycle to another department some miles down the road.  On the way he has a flat tyre and he stops in a village and leaves his bike in the repair shop.  He sees a pub and goes in for a drink.  He meets some locals and ends up in a heavy drinking session.  Some hours later he stumbles out to collect his bike. A few yards down the road he falls off his bike down an embankment and breaks his neck.  The important documents fall out of his satchel and are blown away in the wind down the river.

The man ends up in hospital for 3 months. Once a week someone calls up his office to ask where the paper work for my phone port has got to. Nobody answers the phone because it's not their job.

Strangely enough I just got another standard SMS from PlusNet with the usual "we've hit a snag" nonsense. So it won't be today then.

Mabel
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi angusbeare,

I have no clue as to why your port is taking so long.

Is it at the plusnet end or the original provider's end?

Hard to say. strange though.

I have just had an uneventful port.

All went according to plan in a few days and over the Christmas break too.

Though I think the industry should sort out a better system.

Porting is not going to get any less, more people will want to keep their number in the future so if the system is not made simpler the porting teams will have a lot of personnel in them.

and a lot more room for errors to creep in 😞

fingers crossed your port gets sorted soon.

angusbeare
Grafter

Finally, my number ported yesterday afternoon!

But nothing from PlusNet. No apologies, no offers of compensation, nothing.

So I'm leaving as soon as I can get into town and choose another provider.  It doesn't matter whose fault it was

it was PlusNets responsibility. I have lost a lot of time and money and been caused a lot of stress over this.

I am the customer and I deserve better. Why PlusNet can't grasp this I don't know.

But it will be up to me to chase them up and complain.  Pathetic.