Did you mean: 

The "Contract" that Refuses to Die

FIXED
JulietHotel
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

The "Contract" that Refuses to Die

Re SIM Incident 181003-000355

I ordered a SIM in early October. On 3 October I sent an email to Customer Services to ask for clarification about PAC. I received an auto-acknowledgement saying I'd hear from someone within 24 hours. When the 6th of October came and went without any contact from Plusnet I decided to cancel the "contract" that had not been set-up yet. I got into a protracted email conversation with Customer Services which ended with them saying that I had failed to provide the correct information 3 times. I then filled in a cancellation form and sent it to Customer Services on the 21st of November. Today, the 4th of January, I was appalled to receive a Mobile Bill on the account that should have been cancelled long, long ago.

What gives?

JulietHotel

PS I stayed with my old provider and have never used the Plusnet mobile number/SIM. I have copies of the completed cancellation form and the full email exchange for the SIM Incident.

11 REPLIES 11
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: The "Contract" that Refuses to Die

Hi @JulietHotel, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sincerely sorry to hear this has happened, we'd certainly like to look into this for you. Can you please private message:

-your full name
-your full address including postcode
-your mobile number

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
JulietHotel
Dabbler

Hi @abails0105

I got your PM a month ago saying that the contract should have already been cancelled and that you would be back in touch with me once you straightened it out. I haven't heard anything back since the 4th of January and, surprise, surprise, today I received another bill from Plusnet Mobile.....

I look forward to your swift action and confirmation of same.

Kind regards

Jeri

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @JulietHotel,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I've responded to your query via a PM, but if you have any further issues then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
fedup3

my user name tells it all. And it is unfortunate that many face this problem.

I have a similar problem. I cancelled the phone but keep getting the bills. I do not see any place to post.

I have finally settled the bill today and guess what? I got an email saying that they reactivated my account and my billing is active.

they have no email address, conveniently. I confirmed twice that my contract is ended and then this email? I am posting this as an evidence to reiterate that my contract is cancelled and i have been billed enough times for a non existent phone. so please, would they relieve me or keep on sending the bills?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

HI @fedup3 

I'm sorry to hear this has happened and would like to investigate it for you. 

I'm having some difficulty locating your account via your Forums details - can you PM me your Broadband username? 

Thanks, 

MoR

fedup3

they do not have email address and they are not bothered about our complaints. 

i feel they have support of authorities otherwise there is no explanation for this audacity.

today , i have received another email and another bill

is there no end to this looting? can someone help? Help From the audience, please , since the staff never have our details to investigate, is it not strange? and I do not have any faith in them.

JulietHotel
Dabbler

Fix

Sorry you're having such a time of things @fedup3 

I'm a little lost here. Did you PM @MasterOfReality ? I found that I got / get good responses in that way, working behind the scenes as it were. I haven't yet received a bill for this month so fingers crossed they were able to resolve my issue - will be posting thanks in a couple of days when I'm sure we're done and dusted. Are you actually paying money? It was pointed out to me that although I was receiving notices via email there was no money being taken so I guess it took / is taking a little while for the cancellation to ripple through the system.

Hope it gets sorted for you.

fedup3

thank you for your kind words.

initially my wife cancelled the contract, as I was hospitalized at that time.

They never said I should cancel , they always maintained that They would get back to us. They never did. Finally I cancelled. Despite that they kept sending the bills and they are so rude on the phone. 

As I keep repeating , not having an email is a good way of denying us the evidence. 

Anyway, this is my load and I have to pay for the worst choice of choosing this net work and I am paying emotionally, financially and time wise.  I reiterate my thanks to you  and end my monologue

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Evening @fedup3,

I am sorry for the length of time this is taking to be resolved and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have now responded via PM. Please let us know here once you have responded.

Thank you.

fedup3

e

a

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @fedup3,

Thanks for the nudge, I have now responded via PM.

Thank you.