cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The never ending story of........................ My number not recognised !!!

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: The never ending story of........................ My number not recognised !!!

@Weirdy346 wrote:

Mads has already said details have been passed to EE

Please stop asking me to fix a problem with your service when OBVIOUSLY the port from EE has gone wrong and start from there.....................

@Weirdy346 

If you dont mind telling us all, How many times have you given examples to PN staff on the phone and here?

Hard to prove the on the phone ones - you would need to SAR them unless you recorded the calls,

and the SAR would depend on the staff you were talking to actually noting that you gave the examples,

but if you click on your profile icon up the page you should see private messages - click on sent messages

three months is beyond ridiculous for an issue to be outstanding.

When I signed up with PN - VM (another EE MVNO) customers couldn't ring my PN number for 5 weeks when I first transferred here - number not recognised/line dead tone. I was in the process of porting out then when they resolved it.

I believe it must be all to common on plusnet - both on new sim + number, and on ports and sometimes it would seem when a CS person 'does something' to your account from what I can make out.

My port out didn't seem to be going right either (Just some of the  EE MVNO parts - mainly PN) - but I believe o2 sorted it when I spoke with them - dead easy..

After porting out I've now also had the email saying I'm in credit - so they aren't closing the account properly either - probably part of their port out incompetence matching their setup and port in failures - among many other regular failures

(and NO PN staff - I'm leaving it for the regulator as evidence so don't bother asking if I want it fudging)

regards

Rob

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
RobC
Pro

Re: The never ending story of........................ My number not recognised !!!

@Weirdy346 wrote:

Jubby

I have been in contact with your people either by phone, online chat and now this forum since DECEMBER 2018.

AND this morning I've just received a text message saying my account has been suspended and that I've stopped my Direct Debit..........NOT TRUE regards the DD....

This is a(nother) PN billing system issue and most probably separate to your ongoing issue

Weirdy346
Dabbler

This is fun isn't it.................

Yesterday (and quite a few times lately) I received another text saying my Direct Debit had been cancelled (No it hasn't and my account suspended......Your partially right as I don't receive all my calls as mentioned previously)

This morning I've had a another text saying I'm being charged a £10 Late Payment charge which is being added to my account after THEY failed to take a payment on the agreed contract dates.

Here is a message for you Helpdesk people.

Return ALL my previous payments + whatever you feel necessary and stop insulting my intelligence and understanding of how you cant do anything of use whatsoever.

Meanwhile, Ill carry on with my complaints to Ofcom and Resolver

@RobC @Gandalf @Jubby @Mads . I've sent at least 4 different lots of Phone numbers,Models and networks info in and I could provide current info from another of my phone/number/networks setups (which doesn't works) but I'm bored of repeating the same exercise over and over again......

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear this.

Are you free for a call today to discuss this? 

Feel free to PM me the best contact number and a rough time frame you'd be available.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Weirdy346
Dabbler

I'd rather discuss it here in plain view thanks !

My telephone conversations seem to disappear into your system just like some of my incoming calls !!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm afraid we can't discuss your account publicly, but feel free to PM me instead with your full name and full address and I'd be happy to discuss this with you in private following completing our data protection process.

With regards to the connection problem you're experiencing, simply put we need newer examples sadly. Are you able to compile 3 examples in the format we've advised of and PM me so we can get this investigated by MVNO please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

@Weirdy346 wrote:

@RobC @Gandalf @Jubby @Mads . I've sent at least 4 different lots of Phone numbers,Models and networks info in and I could provide current info from another of my phone/number/networks setups (which doesn't works) but I'm bored of repeating the same exercise over and over again......

Thats interesting considering two PN staff here have apparently claimed theres no record of any being sent @Jubby  and @Gandalf ...

@Weirdy346 

I understand your not wanting to take this farce out of the public eye,

Perhaps deal with the issue with @Gandalf via PM but post suitably redacted of personal info parts of the conversation here

.. unless of course the PN staff say you cant quote them ... in which case 'tell us that in your own words' that they have said this ...

Dont stop your formal complaint processes - PN are delivering squat so far.

In fact, it seems they are doing NOTHING with these examples they keep asking you/us for - as many here suspect is commonly the case, and they continue charging while they fail to progress the issue.

regards

Weirdy346
Dabbler

@Gandalf @Jubby @Mads @EmilyD 

I won't normally answer unidentified numbers but if someone calls me at 13:30 UK time precisely, I'll pick up and have a conversation

Weirdy346
Dabbler

@RobC 

When I first became aware of the missing calls in DECEMBER, I first went to the telephone help desk and then moved on to email help desk before finding this forum and bringing it out in public.

They've all done the same thing......................

Sod all..................

RobC
Pro

To be honest, I wouldn't stand for it.

The service has been poor and unreliable even with my VERY limited use over the last year.

But I was in the process of moving straight out again when they seemed to have resolved my main issue, and I thought 'ok sorted now'

but repeated clear failures of family and friends to even be able to call me upto and beyond Christmas .. in the middle of towns.

Sod that.

Its only over the last week or so using o2 with my main number that I am beginning to understand just how many times calls just didn't come through with PN

Early days yet but even the very cheap 3.99 ID (500, unl, 500) sim I'm trying at the moment has been clearly superior to plusnets service and simply worked from day on. Similar low signal strength to PN (inferior to O2 here) but just gets the calls anyway where calls to the PN sim went into a black hole.

... and o2 simply leave EE let alone Plusnet for dead service and supply wise as does ID in the couple of test contacts I've made with them

Plusnet really are the botton dwellers as far as mobile services go IMO. It will be a Looooong time before I ever even consider using them again.

and that will need a lot more who apply the effort of @Gandalf, but with far more actual effect and success than he currently gets, and a darn site fewer of the fob off merchants that seem to be like a covering of barnacles on Plusnets bottom.

Perhaps just leave, demand your money back for undelivered service and save yourself some grief.

... although my current experience is it won't even end then.

RobC
Pro

Oh, and you should probably expect to start getting notifications that PN will be restricting you service that doesn't work properly because YOU have cancelled you DD - even though you haven't

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Restriction-of-Service/m-p/1620934#M13435

Weirdy346
Dabbler

@Gandalf @Jubby @EmilyD @Mads 

I've received no phone call that you suggested so I have cancelled the Direct Debit, given my PAC to another network and am requesting repayment of all payments made since the start of my contract, on Order Date 23/11/2019

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @Weirdy346,

I am sorry to hear as result of the issues you have faced you are moving providers. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this.

We really do want to help resolve this issue for you, and we have tried to contact you previously. I do apologise that we have been unable to reach you today. Please let us know if there is any other suitable time to contact you.

If you really do wish to leave, I would suggest if you haven't already done so to call our Customer Support team to place your 30 days leaving notice. Do let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thank you.

Weirdy346
Dabbler

30 Day leaving notice..................Hahahaahahahaahahahha

The service never even started properly !!!!!!!

Weirdy346
Dabbler

And just to confirm that I have just had a conversation with [CSA Removed] on the cancellations team and reminded her that my number is being transferred to another provider today and no further payments will be made.

I will continue with my complaints process via Resolver and OFCOM to get my money back if not more.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.