cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text received for Data used up

Andys-in

Text received for Data used up

Hi, 

I got a text yesterday on the last day of my contract month saying all my data had been used up. I didn't realise that it would cost £1.50 to use an extra few megabytes over my allowance. I would be grateful if anyone can advise if there is a way to get a text telling me my data is close to being used-up? Ideally it would be good to get a text when I have used 1.8GB out of the 2.0GB I am allowed.

3 REPLIES 3
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Text received for Data used up

I know it's the phone's determination of how much has been used, but I set a warning and limit in my phone's settings. e.g. warning at 1.5Gb, limit 1.8Gb. When the limit is reached the mobile data switches off.

I'm not with PN Mobile but don't they have an app. in which your usage is avaialble to check? That's not excusing the issue though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning Andys-in 

Welcome to the Community

Depending on what phone you have you can set a data usage limit warning well worth a Google to check

I have it on my Samsung

Brian A

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Andys-in 

You can download the Plusnet Mobile app which allows you to track your data usage. 

Alternatively, you can set up a smart cap to stop any excessive charges. 

Please feel free to call 500 from your handset to discuss different data packages or assistance with setting up a smart cap. 

Kind regards