Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages showing temporary number not ported number

FIXED
Mainman47
Fixes: 1

Text Messages showing temporary number not ported number

My wife ported her number from Vodafone which is working for calls but temporary number shows on any text messages show. Any ideas how to correct?

7 REPLIES 7
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Text Messages showing temporary number not ported number

Hiya @Mainman47, 

Cheers for getting in touch and welcome your wife for me to the Plusnet family. 

We’re quite chocka right now, so it’s taking a little longer than I’d usually like to get back to customers and I'm sorry about that.

What handset is she using? as it could just be the number needs updating in the phone. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Mainman47

Fix

Motorola Moto GPlay 9 (XT2083-3). What do you mean by "as it could just be the number needs updating in phone?  When she phones anyone on Plus Net the correct number shows as the incoming mobile call. However, when a text is sent it shows as the original Sim card number to the person receiving the text. This was raised with Plus Net but still hasn't been resolved.

ASs a new customer I am not impressed.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"as it could just be the number needs updating in phone? "

I'm probably totally wrong in assuming what this means! Plus it will possibly not "fix" the issue.

Not owned a Motorola for some time but in my current Android phone's settings "SIM cards and mobile networks", the installed SIM shows with the number displayed. Selecting that SIM gives options to "Edit SIM card name" and "Edit SIM card number".

I have always had to edit because the number displayed is that which was originally in the SIM before porting in another number.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@Mainman47 is there anything similar to what @newagetraveller has advised or do you need me to look deeper into it for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Mainman47

I had what could only be called a long session with second level tier support at Plusnet. We got there in the end. The difficulty was finding Chat Features in the Moto GPlay 9 mobile. Having found it and entered the correct number and verify, there was still problems in getting it to show to the receiver of a text from my wife's MotoGPlay 9. However, it was resolved in the end thanks to the Plus net support guy.

Mainman47

Yes the issue was finding Chat Features on the Moto G.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Awesome glad it was resolved, you know where we are if you need anything Smiley

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team