cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering not working

Simon3

Tethering not working

I've just moved across to Plusnet having first checked that tethering was allowed but now discovered the not uncommon problem (having seen some other posts below) of it not working. I've never had problems before tethering a phone to my tablet using other phones/Sims/providers. But when I connect my tablet to the hotspot I see "Connected, no internet".

I searched through the other similar posts and got as far as checking that ",dun" is included under "APN type" on my phone. But I'm not too technically gifted and don't understand USB debugging plus I don't have access to a PC I can install new software on.

My question is this: does anyone know of a tethering app that fixes this? One that doesn't require root (whatever that might be?).

Thanks Simon.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
rcarter

Re: Tethering not working

I have same problem after just moving to plusnet from EE- never had a problem before but do now, I think switch back to EE now - wish I had not bothered.

Frenchy1

Re: Tethering not working

Hi I have a Chinese Cubot note plus,I got my Plusnet sim and was at a loss that I couldn’t hotspot my wi fi to my I pad,I put the sim in my works I phone and it tethered no problem. Sim put back in my Android Cubot tried again,no go the I pad makes a wi fi connection to my phone but when I go to any web site no internet connection appears on screen DOH!

loads of sites tell you to root your phone,and go to Playstore and download a tethering app,this is a long winded way so I discovered this—

Go into Settings  on phone ,under Data usage you will see …More,  tap on this,tap on Tethering & Portable hotspot,then on Bluetooth tethering slide button to right switch on. Now Bluetooth pair with iPad,computer whatever you want to use,Job Done!

ps. My Cubot note plus is on Android Nougat 7.0