cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering in Spain?

digger2789
Hooked

Tethering in Spain?

Is it possible to tether to my laptop whilst in Spain using my Roam like at Home data allowance?

3 REPLIES 3
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Tethering in Spain?

I would say no, but I don't know. I read somewhere recently about Three distinguishing what was being used to access the internet by means of the headers being presented. Obviously a laptop uses much more data than a tablet would, but I think Ofcom have recently ruled and said they can't differentiate any more. So the answer could be yes. If the answer is yes, I also seem to recall that only something like 50% of your allowance is allowable for tethering. I'm sure someone with much better knowledge will be along soon, but take a bump up the list Smiley

Mark

digger2789
Hooked

Cheers Mark. Here's me thinking data is data which is what I'm paying for but there always seems to be a catch. I don't use much of my allowance while in the UK but I will need it while abroad for a week or so. Was thinking of buying a bolt on in case I need more but will hang fire until the position is clear.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

The PlusNet mobile tethering FAQ is here https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/tethering-with-plusnet-mobile/

Any usage during tethering comes out of your normal allowance , I see no reason why that should be any different when roaming in a 'Roam like at home' destination e.g Spain

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.