cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff charge options compared to new customer tariff charges?

FIXED
rattay
Fixes: 1

Tariff charge options compared to new customer tariff charges?

Been a customer for many years on a basic phone sim only monthly rollover.

This year I am travelling abroad a lot and am hoping after initial time in a country i will use a local sim and just occasionally use my Plusnet sim to check any relevant info on my long term phone number.

I looked at upgrading to a rolling 30 day 20gb data monthly contract to be on the safe side if I get problems with a local sim card etc and the rise seems to be to £15 per month plus the 11.4% CPI with the plusnet annual price rise that comes into effect in March.

If I would be a new customer the cost for 20gb is only £9 per month plus the 11.4% imminent  price rise?

Is this correct?  if so I just have enough time to transfer my number to another company to get a better deal!

Hopefully it would be worth my while staying with plusnet as i've been happy with the service.

5 REPLIES 5
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Tariff charge options compared to new customer tariff charges?

Welcome to the Forum,

If you call 500 from your PN mobile then 1 and then 3 you are thinking of leaving you will get answered very quickly you cannot do it online  

You will be able to get the 20GB U/L U/L for £9 I have just done it and the price will not go up until March 2023 ask when you call to make sure

The change will be effective from your next billing date not straight away 

The increase is 9.4% that is bad enough not 11.4%

Good luck give it a try

rattay

Thanks for that info

As the CPI increase was 7.5% over the year I thought that would be added onto Plusnet's %

I guess with the seasonal adjustment it gets reduced to 5.5% meaning an increase of 9.4% as you rightly point out altogether.

I will phone them later to try and get the reduced cost.

Thanks again

Smith7
Seasoned Pro

The " Thinking you are leaving team " have access to many more good deals that are not shown online 

There is a 30GB U/L U/L  30 day for £10 if you use a lot of data 

There are twelve month deals but I think a 30 day deal is better it's easier to change plan or change to another supplier 

But remember the change is always from your next billing date so if you are going on holiday and need more data you have to call before you billing date 

Please let us know how you get on  

rattay

Fix

Did as you suggested and it went seamlessly.

Had the 30 day deal at £9 per month for the 20gb data.

Took the opportunity to get my voicemale switched off at the same time too and increased the smart cap to £30.

Billing date is from March 1st and I go away initially on March 29th.

Price increase is in 2023

Thanks again for the advice

Smith7
Seasoned Pro

That's great you should get a text and email confirming that check it's correct    glad it was easy I said it would be

😉😉😉😉😉