cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching the number of a currently active Plusnet SIM to one from another provider?

rocket_elf

Switching the number of a currently active Plusnet SIM to one from another provider?

I have had a number from Plusnet for a while, but my most frequent callers are Chinese scammers (I've skimmed the thread about it).

I've just grabbed a SIM from another provider, in part to get a new number but also to perhaps to switch for a better deal with them.

My question is, though, If I get the other provider to give me a PAC, can I simply port this in to my account to replace the number that I'm currently using with Plusnet? Information on the help section suggests submitting the PAC as part of the ordering process.

If I were to switch my Plusnet number with this other provider's number, while remaining with Plusnet, would I have to get a new Plusnet SIM or anything?

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,577

Re: Switching the number of a currently active Plusnet SIM to one from another provider?

Sadly not, you’d need to order a new account with us porting your new mobile number across then call us to close down your existing Plusnet account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet