cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to SKY mobile.. Plusnet account still showing as active.

FIXED
zomby

Switched to SKY mobile.. Plusnet account still showing as active.

Howdy folks,

I switched to SKY mobile a few days ago following their procedure of giving them my PAC code from Plusnet.

The switch / number port all went well. However my Plus.net mobile account is still showing my 30 day rolling contract as active.

I called Plus.net this morning to ask about this but the nice chap on the phone said the Plus.net mobile account was cancelled.

I assumed I would have atleast got an email from Plus.net to say that my contract was cancelled.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Switched to SKY mobile.. Plusnet account still showing as active.

Fix

Thanks for your post @zomby 

I'm sorry to see you've decided to leave us.

When you port a mobile number out, the account would go into a state called 'pending cease' and then around 30 days later, it'd move into 'actual cease' and be fully terminated. Both of these states mean the account is pretty much dead and cancelled though, it's just how we deal with this internally, however you should only be charged up until the day you port out. 

Once the termination is fully completed on our side, if we owe you any money we'll refund this back to your bank. Similarly if you owe us money i.e. any service you may have used and not paid or early termination fees we'll let you know. 

I hope this helps, but let us know if there are any further issues though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zomby

Thanks for the reply @Gandalf .

A few hours after writing this post, I got my final bill.

Still seems a bit weird not to get any email / postal confirmation of this but I guess that's how Plus.net do things.

Thanks again!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @zomby Sorry for the lack of automated email/post confirmation from us. Sad Let me know if you've got any further queries. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet