Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still trying to bill me after I left in September

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Still trying to bill me after I left in September

Yesterday I received an email which said "We're just dropping you a line to let you know that your bill is now available to view."

It went on to say " As your account is in credit by £0.00, we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill."

I had a previous email in October which stated that my account was in credit by £4.50 so no payment would be taken.

Given that I ported my mobile away on 23rd September I have 3 questions.

1) Where did my credit balance from October go?

2) Why are you trying to bill me when my service is with another provider.

3) Why was my credit balance not refunded to me?

I am unable to check my account because I have been unable to access it for some time now, presumably because the account is closed.

Evan

12 REPLIES 12
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Still trying to bill me after I left in September

Hello @agedgopher,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear this. I really would like to investigate all the concerns you have raised with us, please can you private message me or any of the staff members with the following;

-Mobile Number

-Your full name

-Full address including postcode.

Once we have this we can look into this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star

Despite having sent 2 personal messages on Monday to identify my account and to pass security I still have no more information. What is happening? My problem is definitely NOT fixed.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @agedgopher,

I am sincerely sorry I was out of the office yesterday, however I will pick this up now and respond to your private message shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star

I received this email at 00.51 on 25th December.

We're just dropping you a line to let you know that your bill is now available to view. Simply head over to My Account and use your account number and password to log in to check on all your calls, texts and data used this month.

As your account is in credit by £0.00, we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill.

Having had written assurances that my account was closed 4 weeks ago and a refund of the credit balance issued, I am wondering where we go from here. Obviously "closed" has a different meaning to Plusnet.

I have sent a personal message to the staffer who resolved the issue 4 weeks ago and await an unbelievable response very soon. Unfortunately I am tied to Plusnet by my line rental saver and am in no position to get away from this grossly incompetent disorganisation until April 2019. Watch this space.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @agedgopher.

I've responded to you via a private message.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star

@TheMightyAJ

I responded to the private message to clear security, but no response yet.

I  puzzled as to how your post is marked as " this fixed my problem",when nothing has been fixed

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @agedgopher,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I've reviewed your account today and sent a response via another private message.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star

So the response is that the email was an automated email sent in error and should be ignored. As a guide I propose to assume that all emails from Plusnet are automatic and will be ignored as instructed.

Please note that this did NOT fix my problem.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @agedgopher,

To clarify, as confirmed in my private message, the specific email regarding the mobile account in question was sent in error, though this doesn't mean that all further emails from us should necessarily be ignored. To further clarify, the content of said email is also incorrect and I wish to assure you that no further action in that regard is being taken. That all being said, if there is any further confusion as to what is occurring with your account then please let us know and we'll be happy to assist further.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@TheMightyAJ wrote:

Hi @agedgopher,

as confirmed in my private message, the specific email regarding the mobile account in question was sent in error,

To further clarify, the content of said email is also incorrect

and I wish to assure you that no further action in that regard is being taken.

That all being said, if there is any further confusion as to what is occurring ..  let us know and we'll be happy to assist further.

this doesn't mean that all further emails from us should necessarily be ignored.

So:

Screw it up

Screw up fixing it

Then not bother fixing the screwing up of the screwup,

and everything you receive or be told may be wrong, but you can't ignore them just in case they've REALLY screwed you up - which they seem to think is your responsibility

... Oh ,,, and just let them know if you want it screwing up even further

Does that about summarise it?

@agedgopher

Send them notice of charges to be applied in any continued efforts required to address the issue.

Perhaps between £10 - 25 per contact/action?

Require a SAR (subject access request) of them. Since the GDPR this year, they now have

30 days to deliver and normally free unless they can justify (under GDPR not whatever they think) a reason for any charges

- to try and make sure there is nothing you are as yet unaware of.

You DO NOT have to give them any written notice of a SAR - any normal means of contact is fine whether they like it or not. If they try to make you apply in writing, charge you, refuse, or dont deliver in 30 days - formally report them to the ICO - you will get a case ref number and plusnet will get some seriously needed top down grief.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @agedgopher, 

Apologies for my late response to the PM you have sent me, I was out of the office due to illness, however I can assure the information I have provided originally is correct and I have responded to address your further concerns.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star

Thank you to @SammyM@RobC@TheMightyAJ

I have accepted that the email was sent error and the contents of the email were also wrong. I will forget the issue unless, of course, another erroneous email is sent at the time of the January billing cycle and then the brown stuff will rapidly approach the rapidly rotating fan.

Plusnet will be unable to access my bank account because on the earlier assurances from CSA staff, and the refund of a small credit balance, I cancelled the direct debit. Further attempts to intimidate me with bogus/ erroneous emails will result in me moving my phone and broadband account to a supplier who is more accepting of loyal customers.