cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still receiving bills - transferred out in November

vincentvega
Hooked

Still receiving bills - transferred out in November

As per what looks like a common issue going on here... I am still receiving bills after I left Plusnet back in November. 

I had two sims, both of which are in credit. Both received bills saying "we won't charge you this month". I left my DD's enabled as I was expecting the money back in December...but no, just received a January bill.

Still disappointed that BT shut down Plusnet mobile but hey, you can at least give me back the money you owe me and stop sending me bills please that will at least make our break-up more bearable Smiley

4 REPLIES 4
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

Re: Still receiving bills - transferred out in November

Do the January bills show a credit value?

The way Plusnet billing works is that the first bill after you transfer will charge you for any extra usage, and depending on the dates may charge another month's fee.

The next month's bill will show a credit which is any overpayment you have made.

The subsequent month's bill should show a charge for the credit amount the previous bill showed, resulting in a zero balance. The charge is the repayment, and you should receive that soon afterwards.

I transferred my 3rd and final family account in early Nov, and I'm still waiting for the refund too.

vincentvega
Hooked

account 1 - I received a bill mid november and mid december, both times showing I am in credit by a small amount (less than £1)

account 2 - I received a bill start of december and start of january, both times showing I am in credit by £5+

I used PAC code to transfer both accounts out, roughly around november 10th.

surely using the PAC code should trigger the "close my account and refund my any money owed" process?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

I expect you should receive the refunds around the time of your direct debit dates - I'll be chasing my repayment if it isn't made by my DD date in January.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 27

Hi @vincentvega, usually you will get the next bill on the usual billing date and then the overpayment is refunded back. You will then get a final bill of £0.00 confirming it's closed. If you like, feel free to DM me your Mobile number and full name and I'll have a look and confirm everything for you. Cheers

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team