cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still having problems with my account even though I originally cancelled it back in June!!!!

wob79

Still having problems with my account even though I originally cancelled it back in June!!!!

I gave notice on my account over the phone back in June 2018.  I'd had the account for several years and never missed a payment.

I didn't receive any confirmation that the account had been cancelled and rang up several times in order to request a final bill and confirm cancellation.

I eventually received a bill for a full months service, even though it should have only been for a few days (i.e., £1.80).  So I queried this and asked for a final bill again.   A final bill never materialised, instead I received a revised bill for a full month, but with a £10 late fee added to it for good measure!  I again queried this and got nowhere, but received an additional bill for yet another late fee on top (that's £20 so far, plus the original full month that should have only been £1.80).

After many phone calls I received a letter through the post which stated I owed the correct amount of £1.80, but also a £10 late fee.  No idea where the other fees suddenly disappeared to or why I was still being charged a late fee, so again I queried this, but still got nowhere.  That was back at the end of September.  

Finally, I gave up completely in December after plus.net not helping me in any way at all and for the sake of £11.80 affecting my credit score I decided to just pay it (even though I really should never have been charged the £10 late fee).

Anyhow, I today checked my credit score on several different platforms only to find that plus.net is showing my account open and that I'm 3 months late in paying!!!   My account was supposedly closed and paid off (including the extra money for a late payment that never was!), so how is it now showing on my credit record as not being paid????

I am unable to log in to my plus.net account so I believe that my account has been revoked.  The phone number in question has not been used since last June and everything has been paid, so how can I possibly have an open account which is affecting my credit score?

I was a customer with life mobile and then plus.net for several years and never had any issues.  I paid my bills on time and never ran up any sort of debt, but I am not inspired to ever go back to plus.net in the future now.

Poor service.

6 REPLIES 6
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Still having problems with my account even though I originally cancelled it back in June!!!!

Hi @wob79,

I'm very sorry to hear that your account is showing on your credit report as not having being paid, despite you requesting cancellation and making the final payment.

Please can you send me a private message with the mobile number, your full name and your full address? If you drop us another message on this post once you've done this, we'll pick this back up and look into this issue for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
wob79

Re: Still having problems with my account even though I originally cancelled it back in June!!!!

@EmilyD,

I've sent you a PM as requested

Kind regards,

Rob S

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @wob79,

Thank you for sending me those details. I'll just need to go through one more security check before we can gain access to your account and look into this for you. Please can you send me another PM with the last 2 digits of the account number and last 2 digits of the sortcode of the bank account that you made your payments to us from? Please comment on this post once you've done this to ensure that this gets picked back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
wob79

@EmilyD

I have sent the account details as requested.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @wob79

I have responded to your query via a private message.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

wob79

@Dumbledore

I look forward to hearing from you when the problem is resolved.

Kind regards,

Rob S.