cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting billing emails 1-2 years after I cancelled my contract/account 1-2 years ago

mvb313

Still getting billing emails 1-2 years after I cancelled my contract/account 1-2 years ago

I noticed numerous other former customers have had or are currently experiencing similar issues. In my case, I'm not actually losing the money from my bank, but it's still concerning that I'm still occasionally and randomly receiving these emails saying the following:

We're just dropping you a line to let you know that your bill is now available to view. Simply head over to My Account and use your account number and password to log in to check on all your calls, texts and data used this month.

We'll be taking the payment of £20.36 on 18-01-2021.

Because I'm now living overseas, I'd like to confirm what is the most effective way to sort this out once and for all, to fully ensure that I'm not getting charged and that these emails are simply being sent by mistake? I don't want to deal with these emails ever again as it's always creating what is seemingly unncessary worry. 

6 REPLIES 6
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Still getting billing emails 1-2 years after I cancelled my contract/account 1-2 years ago

It’s probably worth calling the cancellations team on 0800 013 2632 or +44 330 123 9197 from abroad as that may be the quickest way to sort it out 

Ianagair

Re: Still getting billing emails 1-2 years after I cancelled my contract/account 1-2 years ago

This appears to be a regular problem reading the history of the posts. I left last November and am receiving bills that are then being paid by direct debit. I would close the direct debit but I am concerned they would be viewed as unpaid bills and affect my credit rating.

Ideally, I would just like Plusnet to repay what they owe me and close my account, however, I have had no response to my tickets or forum post yet, hopefully, you have more luck.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Thrall 

The wording in my bill is

"Account username: *******
Your Plusnet bill's now ready to view, and you can log in here to see it."

It is likely that your "bills" are phoney?

Dave

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Reading the OP’s post again I believe they’d be referring to a mobile account as their bill mentions data? In which case the number to call is 0800 079 1133

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Accounts / Billing to Mobile.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
reader1
Hooked

I am getting also, moved 2 phones to them and after a week or so found there was no VOIP in the package and the coverage at home was not what I expected. 

The other other phone was left with them as the price was fair even though service was poor but if these emails keep coming come will move that phone as well back to our original provider along with the landline/broadband