cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting billed for mobile after Porting

MrMacgyver

Still getting billed for mobile after Porting

Spent ages on the phone with PlusNet Mobile team to try and figure out why they are still billing me for mobile numbers that I've ported away.

30 day rolling contract, ported before the next billing event and still billed. Having tried to logon to the mobile portal, I get an error message so no way to know what is happening.

Calling Customer services resulted in my having to do the DPIA process, which I couldn't do as the names against the SIMs are my family members and they don't recognise that I'm the main account holder. 

I've seen others have had issue with money being taken even after porting, how has this been sorted?? I could do with some assistance!

3 REPLIES 3
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Still getting billed for mobile after Porting

Hey there @MrMacgyver I suppose if you are unsure of the DPA details then your best bet would be to email mobile-help@plus.net and see if they can help on that side. If you do know the details then I would get on the phone with our guys when you are with the account holder.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
MrMacgyver

Afternoon Will,

The challenge is that I'm the account holder - the broadband and the mobile were setup under my account as well as using all my bank details. However due to the fact that there are names associated with the SIM (so that I know who had what number) Plusnet see them as the ONLY account holder - which is just daft!! If you can't request a SIM and have additional data without associating it to a Broadband account, what was the point of adding all the additional information.

It's NOT practical to have the named individuals available when I call the 'Help Desk' due to loads of reasons, it means that we all have to be at home at the same time. Sitting on hold for ages doesn't help the situation.

The critical point is, you have taken money from my account when the numbers had been ported away from Plusnet. I want to know why and a refund. This has NOTHING to do with the names against the SIMs! 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Thanks for the confirmation @MrMacgyver 

Unfortunately, if the account is in their name they are classed as the account holder regardless of who's name the direct debit is in.

Based on what you've said it may be that the bills were generated before your numbers transferred away. If that's the case then when the final bill is worked out we'll credit the account for the days paid for but not used and we'll refund the money back

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team