cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split port post transfer

PaulHeywood
Dabbler

Split port post transfer

One more unsuccessful story to add to the mix.

I contacted PlusNet on Monday (today is Friday) to get new SIMs and provided PAC codes to transfer two existing numbers over from o2.  SIMs arrived Weds and on Thurs morning we both got texts from o2 saying goodbye and from PlusNet saying they were transferring the numbers.  Both our o2 SIMs stopped working shortly thereafter as expected.

My transfer was fine but the wife's has ended up with a split port.  She can make calls and send texts but can't receive either.  Given that she's an able pensioner who runs lots of other people about and is involved in neighbourhood watch, village friends (taxi and prescription collection for the less able) parish council and school governor this is a bit awkward.  People call and text her ALL day about things in the village.

"Oh it's a five day SLA"

I also got the "could I give examples of failed calls to the ported number."   Hang on I said.  Three mins later I said 8:08, 8:09 and 8:10 this evening.

If you dial the number from a landline it comes up unobtainable.  But if she dials the landline it correctly displays her number.

Seriously as a new customer it's not a priority to resolve this?  Come on PlusNet, show that customer service that you advertise every day on the TV and get this sorted.

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Split port post transfer

Hi PaulHeywood,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear of the possible split port of your wife's number. I completely understand how frustrating this can be, but as this has been escalated, I can assure you that the 5 working day timescale is necessary for our Operations Team to perform a thorough investigation into this. 

Rest assured, the Team will be working to resolve this as soon as possible.

- Rebeka 

PaulHeywood
Dabbler

Thank you for your response, I am crossing my fingers.  (It's my fault the number transfer didn't work properly, obviously, so says my wife Sad )

PaulHeywood
Dabbler

Thanks this was resolved overnight on Friday.  I assume someone reapplied the PAC files from o2 and the phone was firing on all cylinders by Saturday morning.