cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry I switched

borlandstewart
Dabbler

Sorry I switched

So EE to Plusnet for half the price should have been a no-brainer?

But if it's the same network, why is the signal at work AND at home (the easiet 2 to compare) worse?

Even worse, and probably a deal breaker, why no Wi-Fi calling with Plusnet when EE have it? I never thought to check, why on earth would they not have it too?

10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Sorry I switched

Because PN does not have access to all the 4G bandwidth.

Short codes don't work either.

Yes, should have done your homework.

HTH 

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

It's not the same network at all.  EE allow access to the 800MHz band for 4G (and also support VoLTE which PlusNet don't); PlusNet don't support the 800MHz band.  This is really important as 800MHz penetrates buildings well and massively improves coverage - without it you will be restricted to the higher frequency bands, and worse coverage.  This is why your coverage at work and home is different on EE and PlusNet.

BTW they also don't support SMS short codes - this is often a problem when trying to reply to banks, hospitals etc.

borlandstewart
Dabbler

"Yes, should have done your homework."

Yes, you should never assume, so disappointed in PlusNet though ☹️

Shortest new contract ever?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@borlandstewart wrote:

So EE to Plusnet for half the price ……?

But if it's the same network, why is the signal at work AND at home (the easiet 2 to compare) worse?

Even worse, and probably a deal breaker, why no Wi-Fi calling with Plusnet when EE have it? I never thought to check, why on earth would they not have it too?

A clue to the answer to your third paragraph is contained in the first, as are the other features not supported by Plusnet, included in other posts above.

Caveat Emptor I’m afraid. Plusnet mobile works adequately for many but it is a basic service, offered at a budget price.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"but it is a basic service, offered at a budget price."

True, but other "budget" MVNOs offer a full service (all frequency bands, wifi calling, Voip etc.) at a price similar to and/or less than PN.

And if the O.P. is on a 30 days rolling s.i.m. then it will be easy enough to port to another provider/network.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Not supprorting short codes is a good thing.
When you get a couple of reverse charged codes at 50p a lump? Would you notice the scam?

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Try 1pmobile 😉
borlandstewart
Dabbler

Just waiting on my EE sims arriving! (The downside is I've lost all the bonuses I'd built up over the years)

However, 15Gb of data, FULL network bandwidth, WiFi calling, for £10 per month, so only £2 more than PlusNet for a much better service - better deal by far I'd say.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Also if you have EE Broadband you get an extra 5GB of data if you have an EE mobile phone

Not just 2GB as with PN

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Fair enough, I'm on EE.

Nice thing is the mast is in the street next to me so I get good coverage.

Yes I am that sad then when I am out somewhere I go to myself 'Oooh that's a phone mast',